We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

I did a girlfriend's weekend in Palisade, with wine tastings. I wrote a trip report on my blog, www.iberostarrocks.com

The first post is the most recent, so you have to scroll down to get to the beginning of the trip.

6 replies to this topic
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,680 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Very nice report, good photos too. So glad you had a good time and were able to get the limo to drive you around. Hope you can come back some time.

Louisville, Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

I LOVED your write-up! Sounds like you had a great time (and an amazing trunk-full of memories to keep the run going! ;))

My husband and I are visiting the area next week. Typically, how must are tastings? We are traveling with our 6, 4 and 2 year-old, so we unfortunately won't be able to do much of the "trail" but thought we would stop in 1 or 2 just to get to experience it. Which couple were your favorites, or the best tasting room experience? thanks!! :)

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
220 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

bigb1uesky,

I saw your post and thought I would offer a few suggestions in addition to what actran offers.

Most Wine Tastings are old school like they should be....$free$ with a very few exceptions. Of course if you like something, the wineries love to sell you a bottle....then it is always free.

A few "not to miss" stops:

Maison la Belle Vie maisonlabellevie.com/maison-la-belle-vie-win… Great courtyard, nice wines, nice people....you can even get a plate of meat and cheese to share. I think three wine tastes are free then if you want more there is a minimal fee.

Colterris http://www.colterris.com great wine, great views overlooking the valley, superb "new" Coral White Cabernet Sauvignon.....yummy Rose type if you like that. This is also High Country Orchards so peaches may be available here when you visit.

Plum Creek http://www.plumcreekwinery.com Jenne Baldwin, Winemaker is a master....don't be surprised if she is helps with your tasting. Nice Sauvignon Blanc and tasty reds.

Those are my top three must stops IMHO especially with some room for the kiddos to roam other than in the tasting room.

I have reviewed all three here on TA if you wish to take a look.

Have a great trip and enjoy!

Colorado
Level Contributor
66 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Bigb1uesky,

I will second both Maison la Belle for their french inspired wines and Plum Creek always has some nice crisp whites.

Some others that I really like include:

Garfield winery - Nice people and good consistent wines

Canyon Winery - Beautiful setting

Graystone - For some nice ports

Grand Traverse and Carlson are also interesting. Carlson does some nice fruit wines.

I also highly recommend the distillery if you like a great bloody merry!

Don't worry about tasting fees as most don't charge unless you want extra pours.

My wife and I are heading there this weekend and can't wait!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

I see you posted this a couple of years ago, but I was looking into a girls weekend in Palisade. I couldn't track down the post on your blog, would you mind sending me the direct link?? Thanks!

Edited: 01 March 2015, 17:10
Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

In case actran is no longer following this older post, here is the link to the Palisade trip.

iberostarrocks.com/2013/…

Reply to: Trip Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palisade