We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sites to see near Littleton??

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
160 posts
21 reviews
14 helpful votes
Sites to see near Littleton??
Save

We're coming to Littleton for a wedding in August. We would like to know how far it would be to drive to either Aspen or Vail? We have never been to either and thought it might be a good time to see either place since it would be their off season, for sure, so no traffic problems. If these places are too far, then where else can we go for some good siteseeing while we're there?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,662 posts
154 reviews
159 helpful votes
1. Re: Sites to see near Littleton??
Save

Will you have time for an overnight trip or were you looking for a day trip? Vail is closer and you could easily drive there and back in a day. In a full day of driving and brief stops, you could drive to Vail, Glenwood Springs, Aspen, over Independence Pass to Leadville, back to Denver, 8-10 hours approx. so it would be really nice if you could spend a day driving and exploring on the way and a day to return. If you don't have the time, you could do it in a day.

You could also drive to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park for beautiful mountain vistas. Or to Breckenridge.

You might try a search on the Denver forum for "Denver day trips"

Denver
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
91 helpful votes
2. Re: Sites to see near Littleton??
Save

August in Aspen and Vail isn't the low season - it's the height of the summer season. That being said, it won't be too crowded in either location. I agree with the other poster on a day trip (Vail) or an overnight trip (Aspen), though if I had the time, I would just stay overnight in Vail and have more time to get out of the car and explore.

Keep in mind that Sunday afternoons, and to a lesser extent, Saturday afternoons, the traffic heading east from the mountains back into Denver will be very heavy - you'll want to avoid that. You'll have the same issue heading south from Estes Park / Rocky Mountain National Park.

If you're looking for sights closer to Littleton, Garden of the Gods park, south, close to Colorado Springs, is interesting.

Grand Canyon...
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
23,828 posts
65 reviews
74 helpful votes
3. Re: Sites to see near Littleton??
Save

You could actually visit both places in 2 days and 1 night. I like Aspen much better than Vail (sorry Vail folks) more of a real town and plenty to do and see. Drive over Independence Pass one way and back through Glenwood Springs the other ...will also allow you to see Vail. Spend a night in Aspen or if not in the budget, look at Glenwood Springs hotels.

Colorado
Level Contributor
444 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Sites to see near Littleton??
Save

For just pure mountain scenery, I think Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National park would be a great daytrip. Much more scenic overall. Should have enough time to get up on the divide along trail ridge road.

5. Re: Sites to see near Littleton??

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Littleton
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.