We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten & Dairy Free

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Gluten & Dairy Free

Hi,

My gluten, dairy, soy & egg free family will be visiting Grand Lake this weekend. Are there any restaurants in town that are good with special dietary needs? Do I need to buy all of my groceries in Denver or will I be able to get some things (organic meat & produce, GF bread, rice milk, GF chips like Kettle chips or Food Should Taste Good brand chips) at the local market?

I did notice Sagebrush BBQ has GF sauce & hamburger buns. Has anyone w/ Celiac or severe gluten sensitivity eaten there & felt ok? My husband & son are very sensitive.

Thanks everyone.

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
11,034 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten & Dairy Free

See www.grandlakechamber.com/dining.html for dining options in Grand Lake. I noticed Fat Cat Cafe said they catered to special diets. Grand Lake is a very small town with a small town grocer. They are listed on the same chamber site under shopping. You might want to call and inquire about your special needs, ditto on the restaurants. The phone numbers are listed. In your case, better to be safe than ruin your vacation.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten & Dairy Free

Update:

I called the "Mountain Market" in town. They do carry Rice Dream. They don't have organic produce or meat but they do carry bison. They also said they carry some Bob's Red Mill GF mixes. They don't have Kettle Chips, it sounded like they only had Lay's. (If you're reading this post at a later date you should probably call to confirm they are still carrying these products.)

I also discovered there is a Farmer's Market in Granby from 3-7PM on Fridays from June-Oct. Also Morales Farm is in Granby & has a farm stand where you can buy produce during the day. I'm not sure if they are pesticide free or not. Will update if I get that info.

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

3. Re: Gluten & Dairy Free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Grand Lake