We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowy weather?

Nashville, Tennessee
3 posts
Snowy weather?
Save

Is there snow in Evergreen right now? I am not a skier but I hoped to enjoy some other winter activities there in late January.

7 replies to this topic
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
16,723 posts
21 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

hm... so I am trying to figure out what snow "right now" has to do with what will happen a month from now ?

there is plenty of snow in the high country to support any type of winter activity

Colorado
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
11 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

Why Evergreen? Are you visiting people there?

Not sure if we have any forum members in Evergreen so I checked webcams. Looks like there is snow on the ground: http://www.evergreenbound.com/

There's a webcam and weather station at Evergreen Lake: http://www.evergreenlakecam.com/

Nashville, Tennessee
3 posts
3. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

Thanks, Babalax, the links are really helpful. I have never been to Colorado but found a place on Airbnb in Evergreen that will put me outside Denver but not too far off the beaten track. I wondered if the weather is wintry there as usual since everything is still so warm here the eastern part of the country...

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
16,723 posts
21 reviews
41 helpful votes
4. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

you know .. webcams are not exactly a well kept secret that must be shared by those in the know . google is your friend.

depending on what you have in mind to do for activities ... evergreen is actually pretty far from where you might want to be and can turn out very inconvenient . what do you have in mind ?

Colorado
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
11 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

You are welcome cangpa. It is most definitely winter here. :)

While Evergreen is a nice town, it's not the center of winter activities. But since it's just off the interstate (I-70) you won't be too far away. What activities are you interested in?

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
656 posts
6. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

Trails in Evergreen are mostly snow covered right now except for the really sunny spots. The snow is packed, so snowshoes aren't necessary to hike, but obviously that could change quickly. I haven't been by the lake lately, but assume it is open for skating. Hope you enjoy Evergreen.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 posts
7. Re: Snowy weather?
Save

Yes, thanks, the location is exactly what I am looking for. All my activities are lined up so I'm glad to hear you are having a legit winter!

Reply to: Snowy weather?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Evergreen
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.