We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferringway--two locations?

Which Durango hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Ferringway--two locations?

I am looking at Vrbo Durango "Ferringway"

Is this term used at two condo locations? I see some out by the college --Ferrington.com and another at the south end of town associated with Parkside terrace townhomes. Makes it like comparing apples and oranges!!!!

Preferences? Which is easiest walk to town/ Thinking of a 30 day stay

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferringway--two locations?

Should read "Ferringway.com"

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferringway--two locations?

Apparently this is a Vrbo error. No second "ferringway"

So the choice is between Park Terrace and Ferringway. Thoughts?

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,115 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferringway--two locations?

I am not really familiar with either property, but I see that Ferringway is located behind Fort Lewis College and Park Terrace is across the street from Santa Rita Park and access to the Animas River Trail. So Park Terrace would be closer to downtown as far as I can tell, and the proximity to the Animas River Trail would be nice, but Ferringway seems more of a resort and appears to have some nice amenities.

When I map it, it says Ferringway is about a 30 minute walk and Park Terrace a 20 minute walk, but I don't know how accurate that is.

I'm hoping you'll hear from someone who is more familiar with the actual properties. If not, perhaps you could call and talk to one of the Durango property management companies.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferringway--two locations?

Hope it's not too late for my reply...

Ferringway is at the top of Fort Lewis College hill. Walking down to town would be easy, but it's a steep climb to get back up.

Park Terrace would be an easier walk, but it over looks the highway, and depending on where this particular unit is located in the complex, you may have highway noise. Park Terrace also overlooks the sewer treatment plant and is down-wind from the train station., so there may be occasional smoke overnight.

Ferringway would provide a more rural atmosphere and Park Terrace would be a more urban environment.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferringway--two locations?

Thanks Nitramaj--we rented a house on 6th st for Aug.

Stay tuned I will have a bunch of questions!!!!!

6. Re: Ferringway--two locations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 13:17