We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rio celeste hideaway lodging food

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
414 posts
10 reviews
rio celeste hideaway lodging food

Hi am planning our stay at tenorio nat park and am looking at Rio Celeste Hotel. It looks nice but they do not mention anything about food other than fine dining. I don't want to miss out on local cooking and notice some of the other lodges boast all natural home cooking. What can I expect from this hotel's restaurant, don't want to be stuck with expensive dining . . .thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: rio celeste hideaway lodging food

Bad news, it's not cheap.

Good news, it's excellent.

I would say it's more international than Costa Rican, though certainly there are plenty of dishes with local ingredients and specialties.

To be honest, Costa Rica generally isn't known as a foodie destination--we're not talking Mexico or Belize or Brazil here.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
414 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: rio celeste hideaway lodging food

thanks for that, not really a foodie and am looking for more authentic than international excellent food, hmmm

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: rio celeste hideaway lodging food

I wouldn't say it's ultra fancy (my wife who prefers fairly basic food enjoyed every meal) but it's consistent with a higher end establishment.

Food at Celeste Mountain Lodge was also very good, but that's served family style at a set time so maybe not for everyone.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
414 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: rio celeste hideaway lodging food

I think I also read they serve hamburgers and such around the pool maybe for lunch . . .and oh good I do like that we can eat when we feel like it and not a set time, thank you

Reply to: rio celeste hideaway lodging food
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tenorio Volcano...