We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Celeste, Dinosaur Park and Butterfly Garden

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
25 reviews
Rio Celeste, Dinosaur Park and Butterfly Garden

I'm looking at a tour that is called "The Blue River" which is Rio Celeste. It says it includes a trip to a Butterfly Garden and Dinosaur Park. I'm not seeing either one of those additional options in any of these tours. Those that have been, can you help me out? Want to make sure I'm getting the right tour. Maybe the Gardens and Park are very minor compared to the hike and waterfall??

THANKS!!

Karen .

3 replies to this topic
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,642 posts
264 reviews
1. Re: Rio Celeste, Dinosaur Park and Butterfly Garden

Is this the Dino Park you mentioned?

blueriverresort.com/resort/dinosaur-park.htm

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Rio Celeste, Dinosaur Park and Butterfly Garden

Make sure the tour actually goes to Rio Celeste.

From the link VG provided, the combo seems to be associated with The Blue River Resort - which is near Rincon de La Vieja. That is not that close - about 100km to Rio Celeste.

Gallatin, TN
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Rio Celeste, Dinosaur Park and Butterfly Garden

I honestly don't know. The Tour company I booked my clients pkg thru said Rio Celeste + Dino and Butterfly Garden. I can't find anything that tells me how close they are to each other or anything about it and the tour company doesn't know either. I've talked to 4 different agents + the actual tour company for the supplier and they don't know either.

Reply to: Rio Celeste, Dinosaur Park and Butterfly Garden
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tenorio Volcano...