We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Broomfield?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Day trip from Broomfield?

Looking for a small quaint town for a day trip from Broomfield - no more than 1 1/2 hour away. I don't want to spend all day driving to get somewhere.

2 replies to this topic
Lakewood, CO
Level Contributor
221 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Day trip from Broomfield?

Boulder is about 10 miles away from Broomfield.

Sammamish...
Level Contributor
6,749 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Day trip from Broomfield?

Boulder's a fun town, but not sure I'd consider it small or quaint. Only about 15-20 minutes from where I work in Broomfield.

I'd recommend Georgetown (about an hour) or Nederland (about 45 minutes). Another option is to go to Morrison, then up to Idledale, Kittridge and Evergreen. Very pretty and twisty drive. You can come back via I70 if you want to skip the twisty part. You can also have a look at Red Rocks Amphitheater, just outside Morrison, as long as there's not a concert. Its about an hour from Broomfield to Evergreen, via Morrison, depending on your exact starting point and traffic. I frequently do the Broomfield (my work is at 36 and 121 - Interlocken) to Morrison in Friday afternoon traffic and that's can push an hour.

Reply to: Day trip from Broomfield?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broomfield
Recent Conversations