We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Tips

Which Breckenridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Tips

Planning a first ever trip to Breckenridge March 18th (I expect it to be busy since I'm sure that's peak season). We're staying in Frisco & driving in, so any tips on avoiding traffic/parking hassles would be much appreciated.

I know there's a free bus around Summit County, but I'd prefer to have my car.

Breckenridge...
Destination Expert
for Breckenridge
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Tips

Basically, if you want to be close you will have to go to the pay parking lots.

Free parking lots are about a mile or 2 down airport road. Free shuttle picks you up from there.

You could try the smallish parking lot (maybe about 40 spaces) over by the elementary school but that would still be a 5-7 minute walk to the lifts.

Matt

Breckenridge...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Tips

If you've got to have your car and want convenience you definitely want to arrive early and park at the Gondola lot. I think the parking there is somewhere between like 10 and 15 bucks per day depending on the day of the week.

Wisconsin Dells...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Tips

Do you know the name of the elementary school? What road is it on? Also, how often do the shuttles run from the free parking lots?

Thanks

Frisco, CO
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Tips

I would drive from Frisco and park at the Beaver Run parking lot (peak 9) in Breckenridge. You get a discount of $5 per car if you are 4 people in a vehicle. This parking lot is right at the base of the mountain, close to the lift and very convenient. It is also less crowded in the morning then at the base of Peak 8 as this is where everyone who rides the gondola ends up at. This advice works if you arrive early (8:30am AT THE VERY LATEST).

Matt has the best advice if you are a late riser... If you have kids, it is wiser to spend the money and park in a convenient place and save on your lunch by packing it instead of buying on the mountain. Lunch for 4 with basic fast food can easily run $100/day

5. Re: Parking Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:21