We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

Which West Hollywood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
299 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

I only have like a day and a half to sightsee. What would you not miss?

Orchards, Washington
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

Well, gosh, there, Roc, what is it you like to see, what is your mode of transportation, and do you have a budget?

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
299 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

My thought is to do one of those bus tours of stars's homes and Bev hills,etc..So, I guess I'm wondering besides that. Is a Studio tour worth it? What about a Theatre? I have all kinds of interests, don't want to spend a fortune but I have no problem paying for fun things. Maybe just throw out ideas that you think are fun and why. I'll decide from there. I then spend 2 days staying down at Santa Monica. Any suggestions there? Going up to Malibu?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,307 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

Just my opinion, but unless you enjoy seeing gates and shrubbery, don't waste your precious time on tours of the "star's homes".

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
18,747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

I'd suggest the Getty Center in Brentwood for a visit on your way to Santa Monica. The views from the top of the ocean and city are breathtaking.

You park below and take a computer-operated tram up the hill. Admission is free, but it's $15 to park your car.

http://www.getty.edu/visit/hours/

Views of the Getty:

http://www.google.com/search?q=the+getty+center&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3OgMT6XSBfTYiALsq-T4Aw&sqi=2&ved=0CHYQsAQ&biw=1067&bih=526

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
299 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

Getty looks interesting. I won't have a car. I was thinking of taking bus or cab from Hollywood (W hotel) to Santa Monica. Does anyone know how long of a bus ride it is to Santa Monica from Hollywood? Will I be able to take a bus to Getty from Hollywood and then easy get back on to Santa Monica. Still leaves me with at least a half a day when I get into Hollywood the first day. Studio tour?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,025 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

FYI, you posted in the West Hollywood forum, and the W is in Hollywood (which would be the Los Angeles forum).

If you plan to visit the Getty, do it while staying in Santa Monica as it's an easy bus ride (where are you staying, SM is large). Malibu is far, and not easy to get to without a car. Santa Monica takes at least two days to see, when you include Venice (don't miss the canals and Abbot Kinney).

When at the W, visit the typical Hollywood sights, maybe take a tour (you can decide when there, you'll see lots of peddlers with tours), talk to your concierge who will have ideas and bus information. Maybe visit Beverly Hills, Melrose, The Farmers Market/Grove. The Warner Brothers tour is well worth doing.

Rochester Hills, MI
Level Contributor
299 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

Im staying at Seashore Motel in Santa Monica. Thanks for your advice. I'm thinking about doing the bikes and hikes tour out of W. Hollywood. Probably on the day I leave Hollywood and move to Santa Monica. I think I may see some of those sites you were talking about. Then I would either take a cab to SM or take a bus if it's not too inconvenient. I arrive on Jan 25, in late morning, then I have a business thing all day Thursday but have Friday free and that is when I check out of the W. Then I stay at Seashore for Fri and Sat night. Have a little time on Sunday since my flight leaves at 4. Can one walk from the W to melrose and bev hills?

8. Re: Staying at the W hotel in Hollywood.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2013, 10:18