We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopper coming from New Zealand!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
42 posts
66 reviews
shopper coming from New Zealand!!

Hi! can someone please tell me the best way to get from SF to Vacaville. If by bus, what is the cost? Also, are the motels/hotels walking distance to the mall?? A friend and I are coming in September for a shopping spree!!! Thanks.

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
677 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: shopper coming from New Zealand!!

There is no mall in Vacaville. You may be referring to the Vacaville Factory Outlet stores. The closest Mall is in Fairfield. You may want to take a Greyhound Bus to Vacaville, you can get prices on their website, Greyhound.com

I'll get back to you on hotels near the Factory Outlet stores and the Solano Mall (Westfield shopping town).

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
677 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: shopper coming from New Zealand!!

The closest hotel to the Mall in Fairfield is a Hilton Garden Inn at

2200 Gateway Blvd., Fairfield

The closet hotel to the factory outlet stores is a Courtyard by Marriott at 120 Nut Tree Pkwy, Vacaville.

Taking a taxi from SF would cost WAY too much $. I'm not sure if Greyhound bus lines stop in Fairfield, I know they do in Vacaville.

Hope this helps...

New Zealand
Level Contributor
42 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: shopper coming from New Zealand!!

Thanks, yes I did mean the outlet mall in Vacaville (sorry should have put that in my original post) Do you have any idea about the cost and frequency of the Greyhound buses to Vacaville?

Thanks!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
677 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: shopper coming from New Zealand!!

Looks like they leave/arrive a few times per day from/to san fran.

Should cost about $46.50 for both of you total, that's ROUND TRIP. They offer a companion rate for the second person, so it's $31.00 for the first person(round trip) and $15.50 for the second(companion) round trip. Vacaville DOES NOT sell tickets, you'll have to get them by phone, or in san fran, the Greyhound bus phone number is 1-800-231-2222 or if you don't have toll free service there use this number 214-849-8100. If you go to their website, you can key in FROM: SAN FRANCISCO

TO: VACAVILLE

Then you pick your days and it will give you "all schedules" for those days. From what I got it's either early mornings or around 3pm.

I do not know where the terminal is down in San Francisco...try posting something on the San Francisco forums or ask when you call for tickets. When you arrive in Vacaville, you'll have to take a taxi to your hotel. I'll get back to you with a phone number :)

5. Re: shopper coming from New Zealand!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Vacaville