We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

Houston
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

Any suggestions for a good place for breakfast in Sonoma? We will be staying at The Lodge at Sonoma and I know they have a restaurant, but the people we are visiting with may want some other options. Thanks!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,247 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

I am a native Sonoman....although from quite a few years ago.

Breakfast in Sonoma is a puzzle these days. The places I love to eat there do not serve breakfast. The bed and breakfast type places do, but don't welcome interlopers <grin>.

The girl and the fig in the Sonoma Hotel does not. The El Dorado Kitchen in the El Dorado hotel does not. The restaurant at the Swiss Hotel does not, the restaurant at MacArthur place does not, and neither do the excellent restaurants around the Plaza, that I can find, anyway.

The best I can think of, rather than eating at the Lodge, is the Big Three restaurant at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn, in Boyes Springs, 3 miles north of Sonoma. Here are the Yelp reviews.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-3-diner-sonoma

Since there are so many good restaurants in the area, except for breakfast, I might suggest that you do a continental in the hotel and go to one of the above for a great lunch.

Good luck.

Houston
Level Contributor
218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

Thanks Puter.

I do kinda like the idea of appearing at a B&B at breakfast time ;)

Looks like we will just stay at the hotel...

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,247 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

Enjoy your stay. Obviously I love the town. As you probably know, it has a lot of history.

Level Contributor
35,759 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

I think you should try The Big 3 Diner. They have delicious Lemon Pancakes there. The Sonoma Mission Inn is one of our favorite properties in the area, we have stayed there 4 times. We never miss a breakfast at Big 3 Diner when we're in the area.

If you are interested at all in spa treatments, this is the place to have one! I hope you enjoy your time in Sonoma. :)

Edited: 06 March 2012, 15:24
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

Trish,

We stayed at the Lodge last fall, and had breakfast at the Lodge, Sunflower Cafe, and Boon Fly cafe -- all were very good!

6. Re: Breakfast in Sonoma (town)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:16