We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Lodge at Sonoma vs Calistoga?

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
The Lodge at Sonoma vs Calistoga?

My wife and I are flying to Sonoma for 4 nights in May to attend a wedding in Calistoga. I am a Marriott traveler, so I was going to book 4 nights on points at the Lodge at Sonoma Resort. Is is worth staying there? If I was not using my points, I would probably book 2 nights in Calistoga and 2 nights in Yountsville, but I was trying to reward myself. We will have a car the entire trip, and we have hired a driver for 2 days of wine tasting. Am i making a good decision on The Lodge?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Lodge at Sonoma vs Calistoga?

We just came back from Calistoga. I'd spend a night or two there for the wedding, then use your Marriott points for Sonoma the other days.

It's a long drive in the dark after a wedding reception, and wine tasting back to Sonoma.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Lodge at Sonoma vs Calistoga?

Assuming that you won't be leaving the wedding reception until sometime at night, it's an hour back down to the Lodge. I'd suggest you at least stay the night of the wedding in the Calistoga area. And if the only reason you want to stay at the Lodge is to use points, perhaps you could instead stay at the Marriott Napa Valley which is about 30 min. from Calistoga.

Level Contributor
34,189 posts
884 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Lodge at Sonoma vs Calistoga?

If you decide to stay in Calistoga, Indian Springs is very nice. We just enjoyed our second stay there last month. :).

4. Re: The Lodge at Sonoma vs Calistoga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:17