We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tour or DIY it?

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Wine tour or DIY it?

Hi, My fiancé are spending part of our honeymoon in Santa Barbara as we travel down the coast to San Diego. We have two nights in Santa Barbara after our two nights in Carmel.

We would love to do some wine tasting and to leave the car behind so we can both enjoy a tipple.

Would it be recommended to take a tour or DIY a day wine tasting? I've seen a company called Sustainable vine wine tours that have positive feedback. Just looks pretty pricey.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

1 reply
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tour or DIY it?

the "real" wine country is an hour north of Santa Barbara so if you and your fiance both want to taste without worrying about driving then a tour company will be best. otherwise, tasting in the Funk Zone in Santa Barbara proper is easy enough on your own as most all of the tasting rooms are within a 1-2 mile radius so you can walk/bike/taxi wherever you would like to go.

i'd suggest Santa Barbara Classic Wine Tours - https://www.sbclassicwinetour.com/

Edited: 06 July 2018, 22:43
Reply to: Wine tour or DIY it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara