We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara

Middletown, Maryland
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara

I am visiting Santa Barbara this summer and would like to visit a winery while I am there. I would like to go somewhere close so that I am not spending a lot of driving time. My husband and kids will be with me so somewhere they can sit outside and enjoy the scenery while I taste. Suggestions please?

4 replies to this topic
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara

there are only a few wineries in Santa Barbara proper and all are "urban" wineries located within industrial areas, you'll need to drive the hour or so to the Santa Ynez Valley to visit picturesque wineries... some of the more scenic are on Foxen Canyon and include Zaca Mesa, Riverbench, Andrew Murray, and Fess Parker... Sanford on Santa Rosa Road is another scenic winery in the Sta Rita Hills. Gainey and Sunstone are also some others in Santa Ynez.

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara

something else to consider though its probably not what you had in mind, Deep Sea Wines has a tasting room on Stearns Wharf in Santa Barbara. i cant say anything about the wines, but i think its a good option to consider given you can taste while your husband and kids can play around on the pier. it may not be a "wine country" view, but views of the SB coast and riviera arent half bad either!

Middletown, Maryland
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara

Great ideas PinotMe ... I really appreciate the feedback!

Do you know... if my kids (twins that are 13) come to the winery with my husband and I, are they allowed inside the tasting room (or just outside on the patio)?

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara

short answer is it depends, for example, i think Jaffurs in Santa Barbara is 21+ over (tastings at winery) while Municipal Winemakers allows kids in their tasting room (place to taste and hang, but not their actual winery). this is the same for up in Santa Ynez as well. your best bet is to call ahead and ask...

Reply to: Best scenic wineries to visit close to Santa Barbara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara