We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Winery

We are flying into San Luis Obispo and would like to stop at a winery and the Madonna Inn before heading to Cambria for the night. Any recommendations for a local winery? I saw Claiborne & Churchill and Per Bacco which both look relatively close to the airport.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
39,038 posts
1,014 reviews
1. Re: Winery

Maybe Kibblesmom will see this and respond, if you like to wine taste, go to Fermentations in Cambria for some nice wines, they also have olive oil and good dips to sample here. Enjoy your time on the coast! :) www.centralcoast.com

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Winery

Take 101 north to Paso Robles, then 46 west to Cambria. There are several wineries on 46 which you will pass by. It's about 20 minutes from SLO to 46 west.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,061 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Winery

Per Bacco is out of the way for you.

Here are a few winery choices closest to SLO Airport:

Tolosa just off Highway 227 and a short distance from the airport.

Edna Valley (The views from the tasting room are gorgeous. It overlooks vineyards across the street out toward Islay Hill... a dormant volcano). Located a few miles further down Highway 227 on Biddle Ranch Road. This would be my choice.

Claiborne & Churchill is about 1-2 miles further south from the turn for Edna Valley Winery.

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
39,038 posts
1,014 reviews
4. Re: Winery

Edna Valley makes some really good Chardonnay, we would love to visit this winery next time we're in the SLO area. Let us know how you like it if you go there! :)

New York
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Winery

Thanks for all your help. We got off the plane and went straight to Edna winery. What a great way to start a trip.

Level Contributor
39,038 posts
1,014 reviews
6. Re: Winery

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,061 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Winery

Didn't you just love the view from the huge windows behind the tasting counter?

Edna Valley Winery is one of my favorite places for wine tasting. I'm glad you thought it was a great way to start your trip.

What were your thoughts on Cambria?

8. Re: Winery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 21:18