We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cute town

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
776 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
cute town

We made a pit stop here for lunch on our way to Cambria. What a cute little town....wish we could have stayed for a longer time. We had a tasty lunch at Buffalo Pub Grill. We choose it just because we happened to park near it and it was a good choice. I had an interesting drink called the "pink pussycat" that was recommended by the hostess. Wish I knew what was in it....LOL It was neat to see all the college students from near by on a scavenger hunt for orientation week. I had read about it on TA and glad we made it our pit stop.

Mentioned in this post
Cambria
Cambria
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Ciopinot
€€€€, Chilean, Seafood, South American
Goshi
€€ - €€€, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,511 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cute town

Isn't SLO a cute town? One of my sons went to college there and loved it. We spent many weekends making trips around the area (and visiting him.)

On Thursdays they have the Farmers Market which is so much fun.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,733 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cute town

Did you get a chance to see the fascinating but disgusting Bubblegum Alley? The funky Madonna Inn? Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa?

If not, I guess you'll just have to come back! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Bubblegum Alley
Bubblegum Alley
792 Reviews
San Luis Obispo, CA
Madonna Inn
Madonna Inn
1,763 Reviews
San Luis Obispo, CA
Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa
Mission San Luis Obispo...
590 Reviews
San Luis Obispo, CA
Richmond, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cute town

Sunlover,

That was my reaction to SLO too, the first time I visited in 2003. I've been back at least once a year ever since. Glad you had fun.

Level Contributor
38,226 posts
1,002 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cute town

SLO is a cool place, there is also Sycamore Springs Resort there, we loved our meal at the Gardens of Avila there. :)

Mentioned in this post
Avila Beach
Avila Beach
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
776 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cute town

We did see bubble gum alley but missed Madonna Inn and Mission. There is just so much to see in such a little time. As I told my husband....no regrets....enjoy and remeber what we see and do and do not regret what we missed. Hey, we have to leave something to come back for....LOL

Mentioned in this post
Madonna Inn
Madonna Inn
1,763 Reviews
San Luis Obispo, CA
6. Re: cute town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 02:18