We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going out in SLO

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Going out in SLO

Hi,

We're a group of 4 Irish girls (mid 20s) going to be passing through SLO for one night on Friday 4 October.

We were wondering whats the nightlife like in SLO and what are the best places to go on a Friday night? Our preferences are anywhere fun!

Any responses would be greately appreciated!

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Going out in SLO

There are quite a few 'hot spots' in the downtown core. (I'm married and in my 50's so am not into that scene anymore) Just get downtown and you should be fine - you will probably want to start with Mother's Tavern and the Frog and Peach, which are right across the street from each other - good bars with lots of nightlife - from there you can ask and will probably meet folks that will make sure you have a good time. It's a college town, so partying on a Friday night is NOT a problem!!!

SLOduck :-)

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,114 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Going out in SLO

Don't miss Spike's!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Going out in SLO

Agreed - just walk down Higuera Street after dark and look in the windows to see what's hopping. Mother's Tavern is good place to start.

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
4. Re: Going out in SLO

Thanks a million for all the responses, I'm very excited now!

5. Re: Going out in SLO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 10:20