We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which restaurant would you choose?

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which restaurant would you choose?

We're flying into Sacramento this Friday on our way to South Lake Tahoe for a week. We'll be arriving around lunchtime and want to stop at one of the places we've seen recently on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives......The Golden Bear, Jamie's Bar and Grill, or Dad's Kitchen. Which one would you pick? Of course, we'd welcome other suggestions if anyone has them!

Folsom, California
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which restaurant would you choose?

I am also from Ca but don't have knowledge about the place you have quoted sorry man but all the best and safe journey

[url=http://www.engineperformancechip.com/mercedes-performance-chip-c-25}Mercedes Performance Chip[/url]

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which restaurant would you choose?

Here's my .02- I've been to all three.

Jamie's is rather just OK. Its in an industrial area just of the Cap.City Freeway. Its not on my short list for lunch. I didn't care for the menu choices or presentation.

Dad's is near busy McClatchy High School. Again, its OK, perhaps a notch above Jamie's

Golden Bear is pretty good, in my mind the best of the three. It is on K Street, part of the mid-town renaissance area. Lots of businesses, restaurants, stuff to do. It would be my choice. Rick's Dessert Diner next door, chocolate cake heaven.

Edited: 01 February 2012, 16:34
Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which restaurant would you choose?

Thanks Dave. That was my vote also. My son and I were so intrigued with the sausage, red onion marmalade, and smoked slaw pizza recipe we saw on TV, that we made it at home! I'm wanting to try the real thing and see how we did! :) And chocolate cake is my favorite!

4. Re: Which restaurant would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 10:31