We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,608 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Headed up to Pismo Beach for a Superbowl/Birthday Weekend.Had a blast.Some of the best weather I have seen in Pismo.Warm and sunny all weekend.Perfect February weather!

Rolled into town Friday afternoon after an uneventful drive up from down south.

Got into town early ,so headed to Chili's to burn off the rest of the values left on some gift cards.The potato skins were pretty good,so were the little hamburger things.

Headed to the house to see if anyone else had arrived yet.Nope.Might as well have a beer and look at the ocean.

After a while, a few friends showed up so we headed to dinner and drinks at Scotty's Bar and Grill, a short walk from the house.Cool little place, with a real nice carved wooden wall behind the bar. Had a few TVs hanging from the walls to watch sports.I liked it.

Had some fish and chips and some shots and looked for the next place to go.

We ended up a block or two over at Harry's.One of my friends loves the place, so that's where we ended up. Paid a $5 cover charge to get in (waste of money)and see the awful band.Had a few more drinks,and headed home for the night.

Saturday was really nice weather so we headed to the beach and walked around, and checked out some surf shops and the pier. One shop had a huge display of old skateboards from my era. Wooden boards, clay wheels.Should have held on to my old stuff.

Later that day, more friends showed up, so we headed to dinner at Ventana Grill to see the sunset. Well, trying to get 20 people out the door took longer than expected, so we arrived after sundown. But they have floodlights shining on the waves, so you can still see them.The view from this place is worth the price of admission.

Ended up back at Harry's that night. Oh brother! Here we go again!

Sunday was a fun day. Had breakfast at Scotty's and some went out surfing ,and some headed out to the dunes to drive the Jeeps around.Then everyone met up for the Superbowl that afternoon.

I've been to Pismo hundreds of times, but usually camp on the beach. This was the first time I had ever stayed in town. Fun town.So many things are walking distance, the truck pretty much sat all weekend.

Looking forward to another trip up there soon.

A few pics, had some camera problems.

https:/…

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,487 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Harry's, huh? Sorry 'bout that! Super dive bar.

I LOVE the Ventana Grill. They did an awesome job remodeling that place and the food isn't too shabby, either.

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Pismo Beach. The weather is still nice, if you'd like to come back. We're expecting highs in the '70's tomorrow :-)

Level Contributor
35,721 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Wish we would have gone to Ventana instead of Olde Port Inn. We'll be back in Shell Beach in a few days and will try it then. :)

Level Contributor
35,721 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Wish we would have gone to Ventana instead of Olde Port Inn. We'll be back in Shell Beach in a few days and will try it then. :)

Shell Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Adding another "thumbs up" regarding visting Ventana Grill. Try the Tapas menu between 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM. The bar area has been peaceful the times we have gone with beautiful views of the Pacific!

Level Contributor
35,721 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Great! Hope to get there in the nextcouple of days. What's good there? We love seafood. :).

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,487 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

syrahgirl

My friend really enjoyed the shrimp cocktail at the Ventana Grill. Check out their website menu for seafood selections. The also have daily specials, which your server will explain to you. Go near sunset time, as it's a great time to enjoy the ocean views while watching the sun go down. Hope you enjoy your meal there.

http://ventanagrill.com/menu/dinner-menu/

Edited: 16 February 2012, 23:22
So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

***so were the little hamburger things.***

sliders? :)

***Had some fish and chips and some shots and looked for the next place to go.***

Shots???? Someone is serious about Superbowl weekend! LOL

Dez, we just missed you by one night! We stopped off at Cliffs Resort on Thursday for one night. That was the best weather we've seen in Pismo Beach too! Incredible!!! BTW, Kibblesmom or anyone else, I thought their remodel was mediocre. We only paid $109 so I can't complain but they should have done a much better job. At least replace the dated 2' high bathroom counters! Still, the location can't be beat.

Sounds like on our next trip we need to hit Ventana Grill! We were spent when we arrived so just ate at the Cliffs only to find out the next day the Dolphin Bay Hotel has a late happy hour with live music. Next time! In the end, I didn't really care what or where we ate as long as it was outside! Taco Bell would have worked for me! LOL

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,608 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

I couldn't think of the word sliders to save my life when I wrote that!

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

I hear ya Dez! It happens to me all the time. LOL

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,487 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: T/R Pismo Beach Superbowl Weekend

Well, I never ventured into the restrooms, but I still say they did a nice remodel on the interiors. The old interiors were severely dated. Guess they still need to work on the restrooms. Or maybe they were designed with Hobbits in mind. :-D