We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport or laguna

Which Newport Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
949 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Newport or laguna

We love Laguna Beach and have been there many times. We also like Newport Beach. My question it, it is better to stay in Newport with a teenager? He finds Laguna a bit boring. Is there a hotel near the beach that is like a resort?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
613 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport or laguna

Newport Beach with a teenager. I would think that the best would be renting a house on Balboa Island or on the boardwalk, which is Newport/Balboa Penninsula.

check out www.vbro.com

There are no resorts on the sand in Newport that I can think off hand.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport or laguna

How about Santa Monica? It's not a resort town but has great hotels along the beach like Shutters or Loews plus there are plenty of places to walk around like Third Street Promoenade or Main Street that your teenager would absolutely love

Venice Beach or Malibu is right next door, so you could rent some bikes and use the bikepath to visit either place aswell

New York
Level Contributor
949 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newport or laguna

Thanks - been to SM many times - this would be a different trip

usa
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Newport or laguna

i live and work in both the laguna and newport area and am having a hard time figuring out which is better for a teenager even though i have one!

the places are so close. my daughter prefers the beaches of laguna with her friends and the shopping at fashion island in newport. she also spends more time at the restaurants in laguna and we love the montage and ritz carlton resorts.

how about a visit further south towards san diego...perhaps del mar, la jolla?

New York
Level Contributor
949 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newport or laguna

Thanks again - been to San Diego already. How lucky you are to live inthat area!

6. Re: Newport or laguna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 05:26