We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother’s Day Brunch ?

dallas
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Mother’s Day Brunch ?

Wanted to try to find a spot that would have a fun Mother’s Day brunch either on the water or with a view. Prefer a outside deck or patio. Any suggestions ?

5 replies to this topic
Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,667 posts
440 reviews
1. Re: Mother’s Day Brunch ?

>>>Any suggestions ?<<<

Don't try to eat out on Mother's Day? That's my best advice.

But be that as it way, there are not a lot of great places on the water or with a view. Bayside is decent, Waterline at the Balboa Bay Club, Bluewater Grill and The Dock are the ones I'd consider.

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
831 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: Mother’s Day Brunch ?

Mother's Day brunch is pretty crazy around here, and many places are probably already booked. However, one fun idea is a brunch cruise. There are large yachts that offer harbor cruises with brunch. The food will probably be mediocre, and the event expensive. But if you want water views, you can't get any closer.

It's Hornblower dining yachts, and here's the website (make sure you choose Newport Beach from the locations list):

https://www.hornblower.com/cruise…

I much prefer their sunset cocktail cruise (it's a lot cheaper, and it doesn't matter that the food isn't spectacular). We usually take friends and go once or twice a year. But they don't offer that on Mother's Day.

Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Mother’s Day Brunch ?

Wherever you go, you need to reserve right now. Duke's in Huntington Beach has a good buffet for Mother's Day brunch but you need to reserve it and you'll probably either get a very early time or a very late time.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,903 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Mother’s Day Brunch ?

I'd suggest the Bluewater Grill. We go to the one in Redondo Beach every Mother's Day because our family enjoys seafood, and ordering off the menu.

We don't care for the $70 pp Brunches, as it's too much food, and always packed at those places.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Mother’s Day Brunch ?

Bluewater or Waterline

Reply to: Mother’s Day Brunch ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newport Beach