We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach in Malibu for quick stop

Level Contributor
116 posts
Best beach in Malibu for quick stop

My husband and I will be driving into LA from Santa Barbara -- it'll be the last three days of our 10 day drive down the coast. We want to stop in "Malibu" and see a beach, but, there seem to be a lot of them in Malibu. Any opinions on the best one to stop at?

We prefer things a bit more low-key. We just want a pretty, quieter beach to walk down and enjoy the scenery.

And, I'm curious about where to park at any of the recommended beaches - is there a parking fee?

After we stop in Malibu, we're going to stop by the Santa Monica pier on our way to the B&B we are staying at in LA. How long does it typically take on a Wednesday around noon/1pm to drive from Malibu to Santa Monica?

Thank you.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,035 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Best beach in Malibu for quick stop

Understand that Malibu is about 15 miles long. When you pass the end of Malibu, it ought to take perhaps 20 minutes to the pier in Santa Monica.

For beaches in Malibu, I'd probably try Zuma, Paradise Cove (private, hefty parking charge) or the beach just east of the Adamson house.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,684 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Best beach in Malibu for quick stop

Look at your other thread, I have a link there about Malibu.

But there's free parking on PCH at Surfrider Beach. Walk along the ocean at the Pier in either direction.

3. Re: Best beach in Malibu for quick stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 16:51
4. Re: Best beach in Malibu for quick stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 23:19