We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rockford files

Graz, Austria
Level Contributor
569 posts
65 reviews
rockford files

Hi,

My husband is a HUGE Rockford Files Fan!!

We are currently in California and I was wondering if there is anything in and around Malibu to do / see regarding The Rockford Files. Maybe filming locations, or anything saying 'The Rockford Files was filmed here!!'

He would love to go see anything along those lines and I would get lots of Brownie Points for having found them for him!

Thanks in advance for any help

europe-chick

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,012 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: rockford files

According to imdb.com the Paradise Cove area of Malibu was the scene of a number of shoots.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,430 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: rockford files

Here are links to guide you:

hollywoodusa.co.uk/FilmLocations/rockford.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rockford_Files

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,812 posts
6,431 reviews
3. Re: rockford files

Yes, Paradise Cove is the location....and you will recognize parts of it.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,474 posts
1,111 reviews
4. Re: rockford files

Oh goodness, I read your title and now I can't get that theme song out of my head!

LOL ;-)

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,907 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: rockford files

Go have lunch at the Paradise Cove Beach Cafe (formerly called the Sandcastle). Things have changed a bit since the Rockford Files days. Needless to say - Jim Rockford's old trailer is no longer parked in a corner of the parking lot. But your husband will recognize the restaurant building, beach area, and pier. And inside the restaurant, the walls are covered with photos of the history of Paradise Cove and Malibu.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: rockford files

ha,ha,ha,ha Half-Brit, I'm doing the same thing...

7. Re: rockford files

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 05:16