We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Monica or Malibu???

2 posts
Save Topic
Santa Monica or Malibu???

Hi:

My wife and i will be travel for vacation to Los Angeles on december for christmas. We stay in Anaheim area 6 days because my family and I go to disneyland but we want to stay 2 more days to relax and have a romantic vacations but i dont know where we can stay to indulge and relax. We are thinking maybe the beach is the option because we come from cold Minnesota so i hope somebody can help us with comments. Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
21,716 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Monica or Malibu???

Being answered here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33052…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
516 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Monica or Malibu???

Depending on your budget, there are great places to stay in Santa Monica both in the beach and a short walk to the beach. You can also walk to great restaurants and other entertainment. Malibu is gorgeous too with great beachside hotels but limited walking potential other than walks across PCH and on the beach. But if you want to get a feel of both do one night at each spot. Budget will be helpful. Expensive is required for beach side hotels in either spot.

3. Re: Santa Monica or Malibu???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2017, 17:51

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,811 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Monica or Malibu???

I think there are only 1 or 2 hotels in all of Malibu and they are both very expensive.

Between the two I would choose Santa Monica due to the amount of restaurants, hotels, nightspots, and other amenities.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,097 posts
6,325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Monica or Malibu???

If into nightlife, shopping, good restaurants, then Santa Monica is where to stay.

If into fishing, more outdoors activities (hiking, etc.) then Malibu.

In terms of beaches by Disneyland, beaches by Disneyland are Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach area. So that area is actually closer to see or stay at.

I am assuming you are flying into LAX and thuus choosing a Westside Beach area versus a beach closer to John Wayne Airport in Orange County.

Have a good trip.

Reply to: Santa Monica or Malibu???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted