We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
97 posts
62 reviews
PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

Hi all, I am considering a 'Malibu Stars Homes Tour' and have read some reviews that said the traffic on the PCH coming from Santa Monica Pier (where the tour leaves from) is horrendous. There are 3 times for the tour 9:30, 12:30 or 3:30. What would be the best time regarding low traffic? I assume going midweek would also help. Thanks :)

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,633 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

>>> I assume going midweek would also help<<<

It depends on what time of year. In summer no time is good. During the week it is commuter traffic and weekends it is beach traffic. In Winter or Spring, I'd go on a weekend (actually I wouldn't go at all, but that is a whole different topic).

Where are you starting from to get to the Santa Monica Pier? How are you getting there?

I'd go as early as possible.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,907 posts
47 reviews
2. Re: PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

You are not the one who's driving, right? I wouldn't worry too much about traffic.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,671 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

There's only traffic between June and August on weekends between 11AM and 7PM- when's your trip?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
97 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

Thanks, I plan to go between late April and early May, not sure of exact time sorry.

Edited: 11 January 2017, 17:42
5. Re: PCH traffic from Santa Monica to Malibu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2018, 06:16