We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the ivy

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, Uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
the ivy

Hi

We are in Los Angeles for my mums 60th birthday holiday and would like her to take her to the ivy.

Is the Ivy 3 year old children friendly for lunch?

thanks

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,394 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the ivy

No restaurant is unfriendly to children. Period. As for the Ivy, even though I am someone who doesn't buy into the whole "that's in" craze, the Ivy is well, 'so yesterday'. At best, it WAS a 3-star restaurant with grade-B talent dining there at tiny tables that are crammed together. While your 3 year old won't be mistreated in any way, he/she will probably be bored to tears. I know that I would be.

Edited: 25 January 2012, 23:43
Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the ivy

Few restaurants are child-unfriendly, but sometimes their trendy, groovy patrons are.

So HSJ, what would you recommend as an alternative for the OP?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,394 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the ivy

I couldn't say, Wand. I don't know what the OP is looking for.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,885 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the ivy

The Ivy isn't necessarily child un-friendly, but I wouldn't take a three year old there any more than I would take a three year old to Le Gavroche.

There are just some restaurants three year olds aren't appropriate in.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,253 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the ivy

IYou can totally take your 3 year old to lunch at the Ivy.

London
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: the ivy

The Ivy was touted as an 'in restaurant' and a place where celebs dine a lot... is that not the case anymore? If so, where are the 'hip' places to dine?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,885 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the ivy

Been a while since the Ivy was THE celeb place. It still gets its share, but usually for a late lunch and a lot of the people who dine there are shakers and movers you'd never know by sight.

Craig's on Melrose, Fig & Olive, Il Covo and Chateau Marmont, especially Bar Marmont, it is still pretty hot.

Not hot, but celeb hangouts is pretty much any place close to the Malibu Colony, so Nobu, Malibu Country Mart, Taverna Tony and even Gelson's in the Palisades.

8. Re: the ivy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 09:26