We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Los Angeles 2011

Central Coast NSW...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Los Angeles 2011

I know I'm a wee bit premature,but I'm known in my circle of family and friends as "The Planner".

My family (mum,dad, 2 girls 14 and 7) are scheming to ditch the family debacle, oops, Christmas! that we endure here in Australia and hope to jump on a plane to the US on Christmas Day, arriving in time for your Christmas Day. Is Universal Studios and/or Citywalk open Xmas Day? I was thinking maybe we could stave off our jetlag by spending the day there and have lunch or dinner at one of the Citywalk restaurants. If anyone has any other ideas for us I'd love to hear them.

We will most likely stay at the Hollywood Orchid Suites, as we did in 2009, because of the proximity to attractions and ease of navigating our way around from there. We will probably do the good citizens of Los Angeles the courtesy of not driving on our first day due to fatigue, but we will have a car for the next few day so any suggestions to fill in the week between Christmas and New Year would be welcome. We are possibly going on a Mexican Riviera cruise around New Years (better keep working!!), and then take girls to Anaheim for a few days afterwards.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Happy New Year!

Liz

Mentioned in this post
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios...
31,682 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Orchid Suites
Hollywood Orchid Suites
2,353 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
n/naka
€€€€, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Providence
€€€€, Seafood
Salt & Straw
€€ - €€€, American
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Los Angeles 2011

Universal Studios Hollywood was open from 9 AM to 9 PM on Christmas Day, December 25th in 2010. They also were open Christmas Day in 2009, so there is a very good chance that they will be open. They also have special events, called "Grinchmas" during the season. We went Christmas Eve and had a great time.

Citywalk would be mostly open, though some stores and restaurants might have shorter hours or be closed. We had Christmas Eve Dinner at CityWalk, and the restaurant we picked was scheduled to remain open until 10 PM on 12/24.

The Disneyland Resort has both of its parks open.

Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain are closed on Christmas Day.

Mentioned in this post
Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios...
31,682 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Knott's Berry Farm
Knott's Berry Farm
3,884 Reviews
Buena Park, CA
2. Re: Christmas in Los Angeles 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2011, 07:26