Planning to go to LA in April 2011 and got a few questions. We have two adults and two children (13 and 17 yrs old). We would like to go to spend at least two days at Anaheim and go to Disney and also spend three days in LA exploring a few things like Universal Studio, Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive and possibly Santa Monica....usual things for touirsts to do in LA.
- does it make sense to stay in Anaheim for the entire period and commute to LA by public transport?
- how long will it take to travel from Anaheim to adn from LA (those few spots mentioned above) by public transport?
- Or will it be better to spend couple of night in LA downtown and then move to Anaheim?
- Is Holiday Inn Express at Highland (or near Walk of Fame) a reasonable place to stay in LA?
- Is it easy to travel from LA downtown to Santa Monica? What type of transport is that? Train or bus?