We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LA May/June

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
LA May/June

Hey people,

I am visiting LA late May early June and am looking for some advice. There are 5 of us, all guys. Looking for good nightlife and also things to do during the day. We are all 25 so looking for noise/girls/good clubs etc and such the like!

We have decided to stay in the W Westwood for 3 nights, is this a good choice?

We all earn decent money but dont want to be spending ridiculous money in clubs. So what are the bars/clubs that people our age frequent that offer some exclusivity but not silly.

Thanks

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,658 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: LA May/June

Actually, you probably want to stay at the W in Hollywood, not Westwood. That way, you can walk to bars and clubs, and even just go to the rooftop bar at your hotel.

The other idea would be to stay in Santa Monica, at the Viceroy or in Venice, at the Hotel Erwin.

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: LA May/June

Ok, thanks for the reply. So the other W is better, I guess thats why its more expensive!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,035 posts
58 reviews
3. Re: LA May/June

Another choice would be to stay at the Hollywood Roosevelt hotel - its somewhat trendy as well but whereas the two W hotels are new and modern, the Roosevelt is a classic hotel that's been renovated. You might also want to look into staying in West Hollywood - while Hollywood itself has the larger nightclubs, West Hollywood has a lot of smaller, more intimate venues especially near the Sunset strip where several hotels are located on or near (The London, Andaz, Sunset Tower, Mondrian, and the Chateua Marmont, The Standard West Hollywood).

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
31,658 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: LA May/June

It's just that there's not much to do in Westwood at night, and you want nightlife. The hotels I listed are all near nightlife - either in Hollywood or Santa Monica or Venice. West Hollywood is another area to look in, like the Sunset Tower or the Mondrian.

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: LA May/June

Yer I heard Westwood is not the most happening place! But is it far from West Hollywood? Its just the price of the W westwood is pretty reasonable and if its not too far then we could get cabs?

6. Re: LA May/June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2011, 05:20