We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Hi

I was in Los Angeles in Oct 10 and accidenty got lost and ended up in a neighbourhood that had a food festival on, they had closed part of the streets and you bought a plate that entitled you to different food stalls.

This neighbourhood had lots of shops and restaurants and also a big shopping centre with Macy's nearby.

There was also a Holiday Inn in the area.

If you can help, I would appreciate it as I want to book a hotel in this area next time I am in LA.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,410 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

It might help if you could tell us what part of L.A. you were in: at a beach, in the hills, near downtown L.A., etc.

Based on what you've said, there are 2 places that have shopping, Macy's and a Holiday Inn:

1. Downtown Burbank

2. Downtown Santa Monica

but I have no idea if there was a food festival in October in either of these 2 neighborhoods.

Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have a feeling it was closer to Burbank.

Southern California
Level Contributor
998 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

It sounds like Old Town Pasadena to me.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,265 posts
435 reviews
4. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Ha ha OMG, that could any place in southern Cal. Maybe if you told us where you started and where you were going to (or ended up) we could figure it out.

There IS a Macy's in Burbank and a Holiday Inn in Burbank and it wouldn't be unusual for San Fernando Blvd to be closed for a festival between Macy's and the Holiday Inn.

It probably is NOT Old Town Pasadena since it has neither a Macy's nor a Holiday Inn.

Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Hi

These are the things I remember. We caught a bus from a train station...no I cannot recall the name, the bus took us somewhere where we crossed a small bridge and we walked a few blocks to get to the main shopping area which had an undercover car park.

I recall some of the street stores...there was a radioshack.

The main shopping centre (where Macy's was) was some walking distance away, one of the stores when you came in was a store where you bought candles or diffusers that were interchangebale, the whole store was sold this stuff.

I know this all sounds vague and probably not much help but the reason I cannot remember is that we caught the wrong bus and only realised this once we got off!

I remember police walking the street...(yes could be anywhere but perhaps there was a police station nearby)

Edited: 29 December 2010, 23:14
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,035 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Burbank seems like a real possibility. Any idea what day it was? There's a Holiday Inn in and a Macy's in Burbank nearby each other, and some bridges over the freeway a few blocks away. There's also a RadioShack in the same mall where Macy's is located. Also there's a police station just a few blocks away. And, the Taste Of Burbank festival was held on Oct 7 right in that same area.

Edited: 30 December 2010, 00:22
Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

Yes I was in LA between 6 and 9th of Oct, so it must have been the Burbank area.

I am surprised at how big Burbank is as I had previsouly been to the Jay Leno show at the TV studio and it did not look like the same area, but there you go!!

Thanks to everyone who helped...nice to see

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,410 posts
64 reviews
8. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

The area you were exploring is the old downtown area of Burbank which has gone through a major redevelopment effort over the last 20 years. The NBC studios is at the other (western) end of Burbank.

9. Re: Which neighbourhood was I in? (Suburb)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2011, 06:41