We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one months acommod in o.c.??/

uk
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one months acommod in o.c.??/

Hi... can anyone advise where i can look to rent an apartment/villa/condo for a month in orange county. i have two toddlers so i want to be near the beach and parks etc... What would be the best/cheapest way to do it? ive been looking on the real estate websites but they all seem to want at least 6 months? are there any places that cater for this? i would like a pool onsite if poss.

any advice graetly appreciated as my holiday planning is stuck at this!!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,843 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

vrbo.com

And be very specific where, in the OC, you want to be. It's enormous and you could end up an hour from the beach. So if you want Laguna Beach, look there. Newport, look there, etc.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

vrbo.com is definitely my favorite. If you Google vacation rentals you'll get that site plus others such as vacationrentals.com, greatrentals.com, homeaway.com, cyberrentals.com and so on. Some may have different urls but are actually listing the same rentals.

Renting for a month should give you a better rate than a nightly or weekly rental. When renting a place, be sure to compare costs including the cleaning fee and check to see if tax is included or not(some include it in their rates). Good luck!

Boro
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

I booked with VRBO.com for this summer, absolutely loads of places and much better than a hotel if your staying a while.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

VRBO and Craigslist.org are your best bets. There are lots of places like this in Laguna Beach and Newport Beach, which are great (and some right along the sand).

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

Be careful with craigslist, there are a lot of scams going on lately, especially if you are out of the country and asked to wire a deposit.

What month are you planning on?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

VRBO has no guarantees either. I would be careful no matter which individual you deal with. It helps to pay with a secure method like a credit card, where you can dispute later if something goes wrong.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

I agree that you need to be careful who you rent from. One nice thing about vrbo, great rentals, cyberrentals, and a few others is that they have a "rent with confidence" guarantee. Directly from their website: http://guarantee.homeaway.com/

"When you register your qualified trip, HomeAway guarantees all unrefunded payments made to the property owner up to $5,000. In the event that a listing is determined not to be legitimate in accordance with our policy, we'll reimburse you for actual amounts paid by you to the owner (up to $5,000)."

It's free to register--this little bit of insuance costs you nothing. I would certainly recommend using it.

uk
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

thankyou to everyonr for ur advice!!!!

it is invaluable as i was really getting stressed!!

xxx i will have a look at those websites.

actually...can anyone suggest maybe the better area to stay in with toddlers...ie. safe, near the beach, lots of activities?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,843 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

Laguna Beach is where you'll want to look, but it's pricey. You'll need a car.

Without a car, look in LA - Santa Monica.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: one months acommod in o.c.??/

The top spots for this in Orange County are Laguna Beach and Newport Beach. There are lots of rentals there for this type of thing.

If you want to be in LA instead of Orange County, then look into Manhattan Beach or Santa Monica.