We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego

Banchory, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
San Diego

Planning a visit to San Diego and found a lovely holiday rental in la mesa. Is it a good area to stay in for visiting the local area or are we better in San Diego itself?

16 replies to this topic
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
103 posts
30 reviews
11. Re: San Diego

Hi all- I am considering a rental in La Mesa for a trip between Christmas and New Years. It sounds like the higher temps inland would be a plus this time of year. We have small kids so we plan to hit the main sights in SD, but no "nightlife." Is this going to be too far? I assume traffic that week will be light.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
12. Re: San Diego

Hi,

"Too far" is a relative term.

IF you don't mind a little drive then it is not "too far".

Without traffic it is probably 30min or so to most activities.

Nicholasville...
2 posts
13. Re: San Diego

Was looking at a rental on university Avenue. Can you share with me a little about that area?

Nicholasville...
2 posts
14. Re: San Diego

Was looking at a rental on university Avenue. Can you share with me a little about that area?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,365 posts
72 reviews
15. Re: San Diego

University Ave is a very long street that goes through several different neighborhoods.

Tell us one cross street and we can help you more intelligently. Perhaps post the listing so we can see it.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,880 posts
441 reviews
16. Re: San Diego

Holly B, welcome to the forums.

The original post here is over four years old and someone who sees the topic and responds to it, might be responding to the original poster because they don't notice the date. You'd be better off starting a new topic, telling us more you and your dates, where on University, what your plans are for San Diego, will you have a car, etc. The more information you give, the better responses you will get back.

Reply to: San Diego
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Mesa
Recent Conversations