We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

What neighborhood in La Jolla is this in? I need to find a vacation rental but want it to be in the same neighborhood as the Museum.

Thank you.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

There's a Downtown San Diego branch and a La Jolla branch of this museum. The La Jolla branch is a little southwest of La Jolla "Village," so you'd probably be best off with a hotel in the village. That's a very pricy area, however.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

Hello irishchicagoan,

The Museum of Contemporary Art is on Prospect Street in the village. There are about a dozen places to stay nearby. If you give me an idea of your budget, I can make a few specific suggestions. I live in La Jolla and write a blog about La Jolla for visitors (www.LaJollaTravelInformation.com)

Also, when you say you want a "vacation rental," do you mean something long-term? Perhaps with cooking facilities? The more information you can provide, the more helpful I can be.

Elizabeth Hansen

La Jolla, California

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

Hi Elisabeth,

Yes, I am looking for a house to rent for the week as my entire family is coming in. We need 4 bedrooms and would like either a pool or close distance to the ocean. We will have 2 two year olds so want to keep them happy and yet still relaxing for my entire family. We are coming in for my Brothers wedding which is at the Museum on July 3rd so we are planning to come that entire week and make a vacation out of it. There will be 4 couples and we can put the little ones in pack n plays plus I have older neices but they will be happy to crash on a couch. Kitchen is a must and washer/dryer would be nice. Again, we would really like a pool or to be a couple blocks from the beach.

Here are three neighborhhods that have been recommended.

(1) La Jolla Shores

(2) Downtown La Jolla / “Village” (Museum of Contemp. Art) (Different from La Jolla Village, which is by UCSD / UTC)

(3) Windansea

Thanks for all your help and time.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

Hi irishchicagoan,

There's a place called Sea Breeze Vacation Rentals, and they have some 4-bedroom homes that can be rented by the week. I searched for just La Jolla and just 4-bedrooms or more. The result are at :

seabreezevacationrentals.com/vacation-rental…

These places are pretty pricey, but maybe - given the number of people, the occasion, and the savings of being able to prepare meals at home - you might be ok with it.

Please look over the site, then reply and I'll go and look at the ones you like best and tell you what they REALLY look like. Photos on websites can be misleading.

If these places are out of your price range, I'll go to plan B.

Best wishes,

Elizabeth

5. Re: Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:16