We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation by public transit

Which Huntington Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burnaby
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
transportation by public transit

does anyone know how to get from disneyland area to huntington beach

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation by public transit

Please let us know the exact location / hotel name in Huntington Beach so that we can tell you exactly which buses to use. Huntington Beach is not small enough that you can just walk from anywhere in Huntington Beach to an arbitrary bus stop that we pick for you.

Otherwise, I suggest using google maps (maps.google.com) - in the main search box, type in something like "1255 Peach Blvd., Huntington Beach, CA to Disneyland". First it will show you how to go by car. Then click the bus/train icon. It will now show you how to go by bus. You can change the time and date you want to depart or arrive. Be sure to reverse the directions for a late night departure back from Disneyland to make sure your plan to get back to Huntington beach is using buses that run late at night.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation by public transit

Alas, the trip by bus (OCTA) is a couple of hours each way.

www.octa.net

Use the Google Maps function as suggested in the previous post.

Otherwise, look to hiring a private vehicle, ask your hotel for details, as they usually have a company that works with them for these type of trips.

Burnaby
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation by public transit

thanks so much for the info, we`ve decided to rent a car, it`s worth the expense for the convenience it seems.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation by public transit

You will be glad you chose to rent the car. While in the Huntington Beach area, you may wish to stop at the Bolsa Chica Ecological preserve (just a few minutes north of HB Pier) for a walk around one of the largest remaining wetland areas in California. This time of year the wildlife viewing is remarkable. yelp.com/biz/bolsa-chica-ecological-reserve-…

Then head north a few minutes to Seal Beach to experience their village atmosphere and excellent beach.

En route you may enjoy stopping at the Harbor House Cafe for lunch -- a diner with a great back patio and huge menu www.harborhousecafe.com/

For dock side casual dining, try Schooner or Later schoonerorlater.com/ just over the county line in Long Beach

Burnaby
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation by public transit

sounds great, can`t wait! Thanks for the tips.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation by public transit

And if you want to take "the scenic route" from Anaheim (rather than the short but slow cross town route), take the 5 freeway to the 55 south to Newport Beach. It ends at Newport Blvd, which you can take down to PCH. Follow the signs that say "Pacific Coast Highway LONG BEACH" and head north on PCH through Newport Beach, across the bridge in Huntington Beach, passing the Huntington Beach wetlands and Huntington State Beach (stop there for beach time if you like) or head up to the Huntington Beach Pier area (a bit more lively and adjacent to Huntington Beach's Main Street).

Of course, Remdog, our unofficial Newport Beach cheerleader, will suggest that you just stay in Newport Beach. We have a lot of great beach towns in Orange County.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation by public transit

Thanks for the very nice introduction 'Cats, sorry I'm late to the party....some football game was on.....LOL

First of all, I agree that renting a car makes the most sense---it gives you the time and flexibilty to do what you want when you want to do it. Good choice.

Secondly, I'm not really a 'cheerleader'. I simply voice my opinion of what my personal experiences have been.

For 13 years, while living in LA, Orange County was part of my sales territory. Newport and Laguna were also where the GF and I went to get away for a weekend 6-8 times each year. When I finally decided to move to the beach in '92 I signed a 6 month lease on an apartment so that I could explore the area in detail, including Huntington Beach and Laguna Beach. Here is why I chose Newport Beach:

-The Harbor.

-The Fun Zone

-The Balboa Island Ferry

-The Catalina Ferry

-Two piers (Balboa on the south, Newport on the north)

-Great shopping (Fashion Island is possibly the most beautiful outdoor mall in the US). Add in the shopping on Balboa Island and in Corona del Mar and you have a lot of choices.

-Boat rentals, jet ski rentals, parasailing, the harbor tour, the dinner cruises, deep sea fishing and whale watching tours.

-World class hotels, resorts and restaurants.

-10 miles of beaches made up of both wide white sand beaches as well as secluded coves with cliffs and tide pools that make you feel like you're on a private beach and you have it all to yourself.

-A major act Jazz festival that runs from mid-May to mid-October.

-Professional golf and professional tennis tournaments.

-Possibly the best tennis clubs (as a group) in Southern California (which is something that is important to me, on a personal level). (shrug)

-The Back Bay. This is the largest estuary (where the fresh water and the salt water come together) in Southern California and provides space to jog, bike, hike and kayak. In the winter it's on the 'North American Flyway' and is home to up to 30,000 migrating birds. It dwarfs Bolsa Chica Wetlands by about 3-1.

-One of the largest 'food festivals' in the US that also provides world name musical acts.

-Crystal Cove which is the largest undevelped beach between Santa Barbara and Mexico but it's also a California Historic District and you can have breakfast, lunch or dinner at a very nice restaurant that sits right on the sand and is only yards away from the high tide line. It's also an underwater diving zone as well as has hiking and biking trails of various degrees of dificullty. In the spring it's also a dolphin birthing ground but it's not unusual to see the dolphins playing offshore all year round.

-Traffic within Newport flows really well and it's easy to get around.

-Within the past few days the LA Times Travel Show, one of the best travel shows in the US, named Newport Beach as the top rated domestic destination in the area. dailypilot.com/news/…7572128.story

-Orange County Airport (SNA) is a 10 minute cab ride for me. Very easy, nice airport to get into and out of. Clean, modern and has actually been the setting/backdrop for a number of movies.

-good art museums/galleries and gardens

So, I don't think I'm a 'cheerleader' as much as I am someone that simply loves where he lives. (famous shrug).

If I gave you some reasons to stay in Newport Beach that would be great. But it's your choice and the drive time is pretty much the same between Newport and Huntington to Anaheim. If you want/need urls to some of these specific locations, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Edited: 06 February 2012, 07:30
Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation by public transit

Lol. this makes me chuckle......all that Remdog to answer "does anyone know how to get from disneyland area to huntington beach?"

You and Cats make reading responses interesting. Lol..keep typing away...Lol

9. Re: transportation by public transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2013, 10:30