We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Pasea Hotel

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer to Pasea Hotel

Hello We are a family of 4 and need to get to the Pasea Hotel from LAX. Not looking at the cheapest option but the most convenient. Should we book a private Driver or just catch a Cab? Not sure want driving company to use.

Thank you in advance.

14 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Destination Expert
for Tijuana, Anaheim
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

The cheapest and most convenient would be to get a rideshare (Lyft or Uber). You just need a smartphone with data; you set up your account before you leave with a credit card, and when you get to LAX you go upstairs to the departures level, look for the rideshare signs (they will have knots of people standing round them) and then use your smartphone app to request the ride.

It should cost you about $40-50 from LAX to the Pasea in a standard car, or $60-80 in an UberXL or Lyft Plus (in case you have tons of luggage). A cab will run you $100-$120.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

I'm not an Uber fan. But I have had great luck with Karmel shuttle service. Arrange it ahead of time. Call when you get your luggage and they will be right there. Book the shared van service but there will be no other customers in the van with your party of 4. (They never take more than 2 pre-arranged parties but I've never had another party in the van.) There will be plenty of space for all passengers and bags. The cost will be about $60 plus tip. They also have sedan cars for about $100. https://www.karmel.com/

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

Uber or Lyft are the way to go. As someone who unfamiliar with these services, understand they have become pervasive throughout Southern California. Ask anyone who travels for business. No one takes a cab anymore. In Orange County, there are now more 8000 Uber drivers compared to only 667 cabs. That is down from 1576 cabs four years ago.

Also, if your are in Huntington Beach without a car, you're going to need a ride. Uber and Lyft are the way to go.

HTH

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

Thank you for all your replies. Forr the return trip our flight is on a Tues at 11.25pm, what time should we leave Huntington Beach for LAX? I am not sure how much time we need to allow for security. Thanks

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

I'm very familiar with Uber and Lyft and I have used them. I also know too many people who shouldn't be on the road for various reasons who are driving for those services. In Huntington Beach an Uber driver was recently caught passed out drunk at the wheel of his car parked in front of an HB bar. So use sharing services if you choose but beware. I would still recommend non-shared shuttle van from LAX.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

You need to be at LAX 3 hours in advance for an international flight. So you need to leave HB by at least 7:30 p.m.

guadalajara
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

I use eliteluxurytransport.com

They have new suv and provide child seats. Its a corporate service

I am not a fan of uber, etc. Uber has 44 accidents per day nation wide. You should not be looking for the cheapest ride option but a safe reliable.

For those that are uber cheerleaders, i suggest you open your wallets and donate to texas uber rider sarah milburn that is now paralized since her uber driver ran a red light jan 2017 in texas. Uber refuses to pay for her medical bills saying "we are just a tech app and not a transportation service"

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

Response #7 is correct. Uber is a ride-share app. They throw the liability back on the driver. If the driver is not adequately insured, the passenger is out of luck.

9. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 September 2017, 21:05

10. Re: Transfer to Pasea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 September 2017, 21:05

Reply to: Transfer to Pasea Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted