We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

New Jersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
126 reviews
Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

Visiting my daughter in LA in October and looking to stay near beach vibe. Of Manhattan, Hermosa, and Refondo, Hermosa looks the nicest. Much as the Hermosa Beach hotel looks devine it’s out of the budget. I want to stay in a Marriott property for points/loyalty but don’t see one in Hermosa. Is that just because each of these beach areas run into another? Would we be ok staying in Redondo and still be able to spend most time in Hermosa?

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,732 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

In what part of LA will your daughter be? Those beach areas are not convenient to much of Los Angeles because of the traffic issues. The Marriotts & Residence Inns are a couple of miles from the beach, will you have a car?

Edited: 18 July 2018, 18:56
Southern California
Level Contributor
15,448 posts
1 review
2. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

Hermosa Beach is in between Redondo Beach to the south and Manhattan Beach to the north. I would stay at the Residence Inn in MB, or the Marriott there. Manhattan Beach is much closer to the freeways (a few miles).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
126 reviews
3. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

She will stay with me for the 3 days driving there just once. We will have a car but If beach only s mike away May be better to take uber than trying to park?

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

The South Bay Beach towns all do run into each other without a big dividing line between them. As previously mentioned, if you are staying with the Marriott brand you are best off with either the Residence Inn or the Westdrift, both in Manhattan Beach. At the Residence Inn you might be able to get multiple beds with some separation between them. Both hotels are well away from the water; probably a 20 to 30 minute walk or 10 minute drive to the ocean and the "beach town" part of the city. You can't see the ocean from either one. The Westdrift recently remodeled to emphasize a beach theme. It was a favorite of my out-of-town co-workers until they remodeled and got rid of the desks in the rooms. It is in a quieter area, on a golf course, with a lot of excellent restaurants within walking distance. The Residence Inn is on Sepulveda (PCH) a busy commercial corridor. It is located between a Karate studio and a car dealership, however they have done a good job of isolating the property with walls and tall trees and shrubberies so it has a more quiet residential feel. It also has good restaurants nearby.

In Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach PCH is closer to the ocean such that there are hotels from which you can see the ocean. They are not the Marriott brand though.

Level Contributor
6,732 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

Residence Inn MB is an easy uber from the airport and easy Ubers down to the beach and pier. Probably your best bet, nice big rooms/living room areas for you to relax in, full fridge etc. Walking distance to Starbucks, Coffee Bean, a few stores and restaurants. No parking problems in October, though if the weekend brings a heatwave, maybe in the afternoons. Tons of restaurants near the beach, and you can walk from MB pier to Hermosa Beach.

Edited: 18 July 2018, 21:56
Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
120 reviews
6. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

I've never done this, but Ubers and Lyft are used for getting down to the beach areas from the east side of town, often if drinking is likely. I normally drive and then search for parking, which normally isn't that difficult. Note that there is a major community fair and art show in Manhattan Beach on October 6 & 7.

The manager of the Residence Inn in Manhattan Beach once told me that, during a portion of the day, she sometimes will ferry hotel guests in the hotel van from the hotel to the beach, mall, or Metro Rail train station.

Edited: 18 July 2018, 22:20
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

I don't know what a small karate studio next to the lobby of the Residence Inn by Marriott means. It certainally doesn't give off noise. My son goes there. Also it doesn't take 30 min to walk to the beach. My GD gets off the bus at Target and walks home in 15-20 min. We have stayed there many times while work has been done on our home and stayed in different buildings. If you look on aerial view the property goes back to neighborhood homes. Very quiet and the car dealership service closes at 6 or while we are at dinner, down by the beach. We like the hot cooked breakfast, the appetizers and BBQ 3 nights a week, and location for shopping.

We take Uber in evenings, sometimes, you can even grab the bus that goes straight down MB Blvd the mile to downtown. I think MB is the better city but you should visit all of them. Redondo is too far to tour LA.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,612 posts
435 reviews
8. Re: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach

The westdrift Manhattan Beach is the old Manhattan Beach Marriott and has always been a favorite of mine. it has a great pool on the golf course.

https:/…143057749.jpg

And it sits next to several nice restaurants, some shopping and movie theaters.

Reply to: Marriott bear Hermosa Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermosa Beach
Recent Conversations
More Hermosa Beach Topics