We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waves

Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Waves

How do the waves in Hermosa compared to santa monica?

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,893 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Waves

I see you live in SM. I can't tell by your post if you are asking about gental waves for beginner surfers or waves for the more experienced. Hermosa Was dubbed Surf City before Huntington legally acquired the title. The famous Hawaiian surfer, Duke K, surfed in Hermosa.

The Manhattan Beach , El Porto section around 45th street, has waves 1-3 ft and is a great place to learn to surf. By both the Hermosa and Manhattan Piers, and other streets, the locals are out riding bigger waves. My son has been surfing Marine Street for years, likes the vibe, no territorial issues some beaches have.

2. Re: Waves

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2018, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Hermosa Beach
Recent Conversations
More Hermosa Beach Topics