We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach

Seattle
6 posts
Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach

Babymoon in Hermosa Beach. We are staying at the Beach House Hotel in Hermosa. My husband and I will be traveling from Seattle. Any ideas or suggestions on what to do in or around the area? Restaurants, spas, shopping and exploring. We will have a rental car and staying 4 days, 3 nights mid-January. Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,864 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach

I go to Trilogy Spa in Manhattan Beach, in the Metlox Center. You will find really good restaurants in MB. Nick's and Petros in the same center with outside seating. Right by the MB Pier is The Strand House, Rock N'Fish, Fonz's, Fishing with Dynamite, JW's and Post. For casual, Simmzy's for burgers and beer. Lots of boutique shops to stroll and browse.

http://trilogyspa.com/

Rent bikes to ride on the Strand at Hermosa Cyclery next to the hotel. It's 2 miles between HB and MB Pier.

Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,893 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach

CANative is correct that Manhattan Beach has great restaurants. Within walking distance of your hotel in Hermosa Beach are also a plethora of great restaurants. Similarly there's a large number of good restaurants in Redondo Beach, so I don't think that hunger will be an issue. The Bottle Inn is a romantic favorite. I also like Creme de la Crepe, Mickey McColgans, and Abigailes. The crowds at the restaurants and bars in Hermosa Beach changes about 9 PM. Earlier the restaurants are families. Later in the evening the crowd turns younger.

I would consider seeing some of the standard LA tourist sites like Warner Bros Studios or Universal Studios. Other LA sights include the gardens at the Huntington Library, the Getty Center, and the Aquarium of the Pacific. Consider a drive to Palos Verdes. You could visit the Wayfarers Chapel, the Point Vicente Interpretive Center to see the volunteers doing the whale census, and the South Coast Botanical Gardens. Definitely go to the Hermosa Beach Comedy and Magic Club. It's a short walk from the hotel. I also like the bicycling idea. The rental shop is next to the hotel.

I think you will have a great time.

Southern California
Level Contributor
15,441 posts
1 review
3. Re: Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach

Loved The Bottle Inn although parking is a pain, maybe take a taxi or Uber.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach

Love all of CANatives selections. Since you also have a car you might do a morning or afternoon up in Palos Verdes. It's a beautiful scenic coastal drive. There are many hikes with breathtaking views. There is an amazing resort Terranea where you can walk around the grounds and have breakfast, lunch or dinner at Nelsons.

For local Hermosa stuff you are in a perfect location to walk on the strand, rent bikes, or have a beach day. You might also take a fitness class at Bionic Body - Shad is the best instructor. Super cute kids stores include Gum Tree & Sol Baby. Great restaurants near you are: Mediteraneo, Palmilla, Green Belt, Dia Del Campo, Rok Sushi, and for amazing replenishing smoothies The Source.

Edited: 24 December 2016, 06:40
Reply to: Babymoon'ing in Hermosa Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermosa Beach
Recent Conversations
More Hermosa Beach Topics