We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Healdsburg

Which Healdsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Healdsburg

I'm getting married in a few weeks, Sept 1, and have currently planned to stay at the Camellia Inn from 4th-9th September. We both love wine and good food, plus I'm being persuaded to go to a spa.

Can anyone recommend the best things for us to do.

We also will be in a little Miata so would love to drive around and make the most of having it.

Would you recomend Pint Reyes as a place to stay for our first couple of days to unwind from all the wedding plans.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

Congratulations! The Camellia Inn is close to the center of town, easy to walk to the plaza. There are several good tasting rooms in the city including my favorite, Rosenblum. Willi's Seafood is our favorite restaurant- they have tapas style food (small plates) a good wine list and it's a fun place. Also liked Dry Creek kitchen. You will have a lot of wineries to visit- ask the Camellia people for advice. BTW, they make some excellent wines and you'll be able to sample them in the afternoons. One of our favorite wineries there is Wilson. They have won lots of awards recently. their wines are superb. I think you'll find it very romantic driving through the little backroads of the valley. Alexander Valley is really pretty ; we love going to some of the small wineries there. Lots of times we stumble across a small winery that impresses us with good quality wines and friendly people/owners. They are good ones to ask for suggestions! If you get up to Geyserville, Santi's is a fabulous restaurant. It's pretty darned hard to get a bad meal in wine country!

California
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

You will have so much fun. I live in healdsburg and there is so much to do and see and eat. But I do have to say first that I don't know why you are needing to be "persuaded" to go to a spa. It is so relaxing and enjoyable. If you haven't booked anything yet, the Hotel Healdsburg has wonderful facilities to get a massage, even a couples massage is really fun and then you can lounge by the pool all day. it is really nice out there and you can order lunch, drinks, etc. You must go to the Ravenous for dinner and I think that every Saturday night they have music out on the patio which is really nice. The night life isn't the greatest around here, there's a couple of bars, so the Ravenous music thing is a nice evening out. If you like sushi Sake'O is pretty good (the best is Hana in Rohnert Park about 30 minutes south). Bovolo has great gelato as does Powell's Sweet Shoppe. Willi's is a fun night dining and they have great drinks (the lime drop is my favorite and the mojito is a close second).

The movie theater just opened back up in town so if you need some down time, you can catch a movie. Go online and search for the Raven Theater, sometimes they have special events going on there that are fun. There are so many wineries around the square, you can taste like at 30 of them all within walking distance. Alexander valley is a really pretty drive and they are so many cute wineries along the way. You will have fun, post a trip report and let us know how it was. If you have any other questions, just ask!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
5,014 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

Congratulations....

For driving around:

1) Pick up a picnic lunch at Oakville Grocer in Healdsburg, then drive down Westside Road stopping at the wineries (many great little ones along this drive), and continue to Armstrong Redwoods State Park (great place to see those tall trees). Of course then drive to the coast and drive from Jenner to Bodega Bay....really pretty area and wonderful for a honeymoon.

russianrivertravel.com/wineries/westsideroad…

2) Pt. Reyes is nice (but can at times be windy or cool so bring clothes accordingly.) I highly recommend Olema Inn for dinner - reserve in advance. http://www.theolemainn.com/

3) In terms of where to unwind, I'd probably say stay at Inn at the Tides in Bodega Bay (its still a small town but very pretty coastal area) and great view of the Bay. Nice amenities in the room.

Pittsburgh
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

Thank you so much for your advice. It really is useful. I am trying to make the honeymoon as special as possible. We both need a relaxing break after all this wedding planning.

For the first couple of nights I was thinking of Point Reye, for a nice simple place, with nice scenery, to really help us unwind. Is this advisable.

I will definitely update when we get back. Not long now ...

Pittsburgh
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

Oops sorry, just reread the previous post.

California
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

My husband and I really enjoy staying at Sea Ranch when we need to unwind. There's not much to do except watch the ocean and sunsets. There is an activity area with tennis, swimming pools and saunas which is included. You might want to look into it, you can rent a house or cottage within pretty much any price range. Try Beach Rentals, we've used them before and they're great. Don't use Don Berard aka Sea Ranch Vacation Rental.

7. Re: Honeymoon in Healdsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Healdsburg
Recent Conversations
More Healdsburg Topics