We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to wine country, night life??

Ohio
Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to wine country, night life??

Planning a trip, specifically to Russian River Valley, for some wine tasting. My husband and I are in early 40's and are going to spend a few days in San Francisco then rent a car and drive to Sonoma/Santa Rosa/Healdsburg area. As I am researching which wineries to choose, I am noticing that everything seems to close so early!! Is there any kind of night life? I'm guessing we need to splurge to stay at a really nice resort/hotel so something is open after 6pm! Thanks for any input on what to do in evening. (We of course, will be looking for restaurants as going on this trip we are also looking forward to eating!)

Wine Country Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Savor Healdsburg Food Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Walking Tours, Food Tours
Healdsburg Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings
5 replies to this topic
Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to wine country, night life??

Healdsburg is not exactly overflowing with nightlife, but it's mainly the wineries that close before 6pm. The restaurants and bars will be open later. Most of the restaurant hours are until something like 9 or 10pm, and you'll find a bar or two open later into the night in Healdsburg and probably a few more in Santa Rosa. It's not Vegas, but it won't be dead at 6pm.

West Covina...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to wine country, night life??

I have friends who just opened a pub in Healdsburg. They are open late with lovely craft beers and wines, and they have live music on certain nights. Try THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

If you are in Santa Rosa, try their sister pub, TOAD IN THE HOLE.

Level Contributor
36,926 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to wine country, night life??

Hotel Healdsburg and Inn & The Plaza are two places we have enjoyed staying. 🍷

Level Contributor
1,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to wine country, night life??

I you mean nightlife as anything after 10 pm then it's Non-existent. Wine Country is so lame in that aspect

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
254 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to wine country, night life??

Check out Sonoma Cider in Healdsburg. They have music some nights.

Reply to: 1st time to wine country, night life??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Healdsburg
More Healdsburg Topics