We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
423 posts
71 reviews
2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

Hi. We are staying at the H2 for 2 nights next week. We have eaten at Dry Creek and Baci cafe before. We would like to try 2 new spots for dinner that are not far from our hotel. I've narrowed it down to Chalkboard, Willis Seafood & the Shed. Any thoughts on which of these 2 are the best options? Or is there another restaurant you think is better then those 3?

Love to hear your opinions! (we love all types of food!)

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,185 posts
6,438 reviews
1. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

I like Willi's Seafood. Have a good time.

but for other inputs see

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Desert Southwest US
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

Barn Diva?

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

My wife and I dined at both Bravas and SHED during our visit to Healdsburg. Really loved both. Bravas is in the same management family as Willi's, but it's a Spanish Tapas concept. We had a great meal there, sharing several different tapas plates, and brought along a bottle of Zinfandel we had picked up at Mazzocco winery, along with a voucher for free corkage. SHED was focused on fresh local ingredients. We went there are lunch time and each had a different salad. They were both excellent.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
423 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

Thank you for your input. Maybe going to Shed for lunch is a great idea so I can go to two of the others for dinner! :)

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

If you're not familiar with The SHED, it's not a typical restaurant. It's more of a store/market that also has a restaurant area within it. It could make for a nice casual dinner, but I did think it was perfect for lunch, and the food was fresh and delicious.

Our trip in April was our first time to Healdsburg, so I can't vouch for whether Bravas was better or worse than any of the other options you have. I can only say that it was quite good and worth a visit. But there are several highly rated restaurants, and I don't think you can go too wrong, no matter which ones you choose.

Level Contributor
39,309 posts
1,019 reviews
6. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

We love Willi's! It is a small plate venue so we like to order several different things to share. Enjoy your time in Healdsburg! 😎

San Diego...
Level Contributor
423 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

Sounds like Willi's wins for one of the nights!! :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
423 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

So I'm back and my report is Chalkboard for the win! Willi's food was great too, but it comes in second. ;)

Level Contributor
39,309 posts
1,019 reviews
9. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

We will try Chalkboard next visit! I still miss recommending Cyrus on this board. :)

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
147 posts
54 reviews
10. Re: 2 nights at H2. Close by dinner help please!

Willie's YES!

MADRONA MANOR is my first choice, not walking distance.

Consider BARNDIVA & BRAVAS. You ideas are okay for lunch,

Get answers to your questions about Healdsburg
Recent Conversations
More Healdsburg Topics