We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Which Fort Bragg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
372 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Can someone please tell me which of these would be the best to stay in. We will only be there for one night in July.

ps - It will be our 11th anniversary

1) Ocean View Lodge

2) Weller House B&B

3) Surf And Sand Inn

Thanks

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,465 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

We absolutely loved the Lodge at NoYo River, really nice B & B--actually a large complex, but still very private. The breakfast was great; very romantic setting. Ask for a room with a jacuzzi and harbor/river view, balcony. 707-964-8045

london
Level Contributor
78 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

I've stayed a couple of times in Fort Bragg nothing out of the ordinary, but there was a guest home called The Gray (or grey) Whale which looked good when I looked on internet, didn't stay because the other half is a smoker, there is also a great cafe called Eggheads which does the best breakfast I had in a long time, it's on highway 1 , also the Tap room of the Mendocino brewery does good beer and food. hope this helps.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,334 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

While it's not in Ft.B, the Heritage House is incredible, and would be worth looking into at least!

london
Level Contributor
78 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

just had a look and it's www.thegreywhaleinn.com

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,822 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Grey Whale Inn is definitely nice and their rooms are spacious compared to most B&B's. They do have a 2-nite min. I believe, on the weekends. The Weller House has a good reputation, but I haven't been there. You might also want to check out the Avalon House on Stewart St. in Ft. Bragg (www.theavalonhouse.com). It's a block or 2 from the ocean, but away from the main hwy. and so it's quieter, and some of the rooms have their own ocean view deck and also a whirlpool tub in the room.

If you like strolling thru beautiful gardens, be sure to visit the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens off N. Hwy 1 (www.gardenbythesea.org), just no. of town. Restaurant recommendations: Sharon's by the Sea (Noyo Harbor), Mendo Bistro (301 N. Main) and the Cliff House (so. of Noyo Bridge) where you'll have incredible views at sunset (or anytime). Mendo and the Cliff House do dinner only and Sharon's has lunch and dinner.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
372 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Thanks everyone for the Info.

We havent figured out where we will be stying yet.

We only have one night here so the two night minium is hurting us.

We are trying to see as much as poisible in out time in this wonderful State.

Thanks Again

Joe

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,465 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

The Lodge at NoYo River didn't have a two night minimum.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
372 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Hi

Has anyone Stayed at the ocean view lodge.

Thanks

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
372 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

Hi

Has anyone Stayed at the ocean view lodge.

Thanks

Central Valley...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay in Fort Bragg

My husband and I always stay at the Harbo Lite. It over looks the harbor.. the sound of the seals in the morning is delighful. It is an older hotel. We always found it clean. I don't think the is a 2 night min. Walking down to the habor is just steps away. Have a wonderful visit in our favorite hide a way...Ft. Bragg.

Humnbrdlvr...Central Valley Ca.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Bragg