We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to LAX - recommended companies?

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Shuttle to LAX - recommended companies?

Hi, I'm after 2-3 recommended companies for shuttles/taxi from Encinitas to LAX for a 9:45pm international flight. We will be 3 people (1 adult plus 2 kids - 11 & 9yr old) and probably 3 suitcases. Most firms seem to charge $200-250 plus 20% gratuity for driver, so I'm looking for a company that I can book online that includes the gratuity too and offer good service/info on the trip up.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,765 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to LAX - recommended companies?

How are you getting to Encinitas? The prices you have seem very reasonable to me for the almost 2hr. drive to LAX.

Have you looked at:

http://beachlimo.com/ You didn't mention which companies you've already researched.

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to LAX - recommended companies?

I have friends picking me up on the way from LAX to Encinitas, so not looking for a return fare. Did consider the train, but the only train that fits with the outbound flight is 11:40am from Encinitas, gets to LA at 1:40pm (long wait in LA or LAX with luggage), and I can't check baggage at Encinitas. To be honest, I'm looking to spend as much time as possible with my friends as I haven't seen them for 10 years, so door to door taxi or shuttle seems to allow that.

I've looked at half moon limos, miles lane transportation, aft limos, rrshuttles, gr8limos, etc. so I'm just after a simple taxi ride to the airport and overwhelmed with the volume of options. Happy with a simple, safe & friendly sedan company, doesn't need to be anything too flash, I'm only going the airport after all. I'm really after a firm I can book online (using credit card) that covers all the cost, as it seems I'll still need cash for drivers tip/gratuity.

3. Re: Shuttle to LAX - recommended companies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2017, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas