We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel encinitas

florida
Level Contributor
209 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Motel encinitas

Thinking about Econolodge Moonlight beach. Has anyone stayed here recently. On a budget and this works for us seniors. Please let me know if this is clean and safe. Used to live in SoCal so know area and have a rental car. Thanks for your response and help.

Mentioned in this post
Moonlight State Beach
Moonlight State Beach
569 Reviews
Encinitas, CA
Kate Stanton Inn
Kate Stanton Inn
#1 of 5 B&Bs / Inns in Encinitas
Inn at Moonlight Beach
Inn at Moonlight Beach
#2 of 5 B&Bs / Inns in Encinitas
Moonlight Beach Motel
Moonlight Beach Motel
#1 of 9 hotels in Encinitas
6 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
66,390 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel encinitas

Certainly safe! Have not been inside so cannot tell you about cleanliness or amenities. Have you read the reviews on this site??? It is just down the way from The Pannikin a popular local spot for breakfast/coffee. I'd say it is a typical retro basic motel and if that is OK with you then it is just fine.

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
592 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel encinitas

Missed seeing this last week when you originally posted, but of course dependable Riff M never misses anything! I don't really have much to add as I've never been inside the rooms of the Econo Lodge either. I do walk by there frequently and the property looks well maintained from the outside. It is definitely a good location here in north Encinitas, walkable to the beach, restaurants and some galleries and shops.

I looked at the reviews here on TA and they seem accurate as far as location, etc, so I would expect that they're fairly reliable regarding the rooms also.

Anyway, maybe bumping this back up to the top of the CA forums will get the attention of someone with more info.

Mentioned in this post
Encinitas
Encinitas
California
Cardiff-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel encinitas

...prefer the location and ocean views of Moonlight Beach Motel better, if they have availability. I think it's in the same price point but it's such a good location it is often booked well in advance....

Mentioned in this post
Moonlight Beach Motel
Moonlight Beach Motel
206 Reviews
Encinitas, CA
Cardiff-by-the-Sea...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel encinitas

...prefer the location and ocean views of Moonlight Beach Motel better, if they have availability. I think it's in the same price point but it's such a good location it is often booked well in advance....

Mentioned in this post
Moonlight Beach Motel
Moonlight Beach Motel
206 Reviews
Encinitas, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,968 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motel encinitas

Sorry I missed this one too, but with 82 reviews and an 80% rating on positive reviews I'd say it is pretty good. The area is certainly fine.

S P
San Diego...
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motel encinitas

I've never stayed at the Econolodge specifically, but the area around Moonlight beach is very safe and clean!

Mentioned in this post
Moonlight State Beach
Moonlight State Beach
569 Reviews
Encinitas, CA
Reply to: Motel encinitas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas