We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay

Phoenix, Arizona
4 posts
Save Topic
In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay

Hello - I will be in Encinitas in July with two teenage girls and am looking for budget things to do as well as budget lodging. Any good restaurants to go to and so on. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay

I have stayed at the Portofino Beach Inn, right off the Coast Highway and walking distance to Moonlight Beach. A basic Motel that is one of the lower priced options in the area.

http://www.qualityinnsdcoastal.com/

I like Oggi's Pizza and Brewery Company, popular with families just on the east side of Interstate 5.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
19,098 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay

They are constructing the beach concessions buildings at Moonlight Beach right now. Should be nice when its done.

Things to see in July if it coincides with when you are there is the downtown car show.

encinitas101.com/events/…

You can walk thru the gardens at Swamis overlooking the ocean.

There is also the San Diego Botanic Gardens on the east side of the freeway.

www.sdbgarden.org

Kahuna Bob has a surf school at Beacons Beach.

www.kahunabob.com

If you want to take the train to downtown San Diego, the Coaster station is right in Encinitas.

Encinitas, CA
Destination Expert
for Encinitas
Level Contributor
594 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay

You might also look at the Moonlight Beach Motel, good location a little off the coast highway. Friends stayed one night on a local get-away and liked it. There are plenty of good, inexpensive options for food, would help to know more about what you're looking for.

@Darkbeer, nice to hear some feedback regarding the Portofino Beach Inn. Did you know there are no reviews here on TA?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay

Yes, it recently dropped its association with Choice Hotels (Quality Inn) and became an independent. So TA removed the former reviews, including one I wrote...

Here are photos of my visit when it was a Quality...

http://tinyurl.com/bldulsb

The property is a bit unique, the ground level is mainly parking and the front office and pool, the rooms are built above the parking spaces on the next 3 levels, with a pedestrian bridge over the parking area to connect the two sides.

I liked it when it was a Quality Inn, though the free breakfast had less choices than most others in the chain.

Reply to: In Encinitas in July...budget places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Encinitas