We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambria to las vegas

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Cambria to las vegas

Hi All,

Would need advice. I will be traveling to Cambria in Sept 2016.

I can't decide on my driving route from Cambria to Las vegas because of the time needed to be on the road.

Should I take

1. Cambria drive directly to Las Vegas

2. Cambria drive to Santa Barabra(stay a night) then head towards Las vegas?

Which route will be more comfy? My aim is to spend more time in Las vegas

Any advice? Thanks all!

Cheers.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,856 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Cambria to las vegas

You have said so yourself: "My aim is to spend more time in Las vegas". Just go directly there. Which would mean using 46, through Paso Robles, Bakersfield, use 58 and then I-15.

Singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Cambria to las vegas

@HappyFeet1234, thanks.

My only worry is that , Will that be a tiring route? Since is a good 7-8 hrs drive directly from Cambria to LV.

Elk Grove...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
19,856 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Cambria to las vegas

Santa Barbara is in the wrong direction. You stay a night there, you shave the distance from 422 to 358 miles. But you will be driving through the Los Angeles area, most of the day will have some type of traffic. You will be spending about the same mount of time going to Las Vegas from Santa Barbara compared to going there directly from Cambria.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Cambria to las vegas

I know a lot of people who live along the coast that drive to Vegas regularly, so, while it is a long, mostly dull drive, it can be done in one day.

From Cambria: Highway 1 south to Highway 46 (AKA: Green Valley Road. You'll be making a left turn) to Highway 101 North 4 miles to Highway 46 East toward Fresno/Bakersfield to Highway 99 South to Highway 58 East toward Tehachapi (Do not confuse with the Highway 178/58 exit you'll come upon first) to Barstow and pick up I-15 to Vegas from there.

You can stop in the mountain town of Tehachapi for lunch and/or stretch your legs.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
5. Re: Cambria to las vegas

What about flying? Allegiant flys direct from Santa Maria to Las Vegas- only Wednesday, Friday and Sunday though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
6. Re: Cambria to las vegas

I am reading with interest the comments about the drive from Cambria to Las Vegas. We are planning a trip in September but are considering doing the drive from L/V to Cambria. How complicated is the drive across? Will the heat make the drive problematic? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

7. Re: Cambria to las vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2018, 07:18