We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bocce in Cambria?

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
77 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Bocce in Cambria?

Hubby, daughter and I will be coming to town last part of Feb., and as we are active players, wondered if courts were available for nonresidents to play?

Richmond, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

I had to Google bocce it to find out what it is.

I also Googled "bocce ball court Cambria" and found that there is one at the Fog's End B&B, but that appears to be for guests only. I'm not aware of any publicly available courts.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

Bocce??? That is not a game played in all parts of the USA as a rule. I wonder if there are any courts at all in Cambria? I read that they have one at the Fogs End B and B:

fogsend.com/bocce-ball-and-horseshoe-courts/

It is an interesting question. I am sure others more local will be on here soon.

hehe! Scott types faster than I do.

We have public bocce courts in Balboa Park in San Diego but small towns like Cambria would not necessarily have them.

Edited: 29 January 2017, 15:52
Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Illinois City...
Level Contributor
77 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

Thanks!

Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

There's a bocce court at Calcareous Winery in Paso Robles. It's a 45 minute drive from Cambria but a very beautiful drive. Definitely worth a visit. Wines and views are great.

Mentioned in this post
Paso Robles
Paso Robles
San Luis Obispo County, CA
Paso Robles Wine...
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

Also, just a reminder, if you are coming from the north and plan on driving Hwy 1 to Cambria, please check road conditions first. As of today, Hwy 1 is closed between Lucia and Ragged Point due to mudslides. There are no detours. Also, Hwy 41 between the 101 and Morro Bay (Hwy 1) is still closed.

Mentioned in this post
Morro Bay
Morro Bay
San Luis Obispo County, CA
S P
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

Hi Well Traveled,

Not sure is you are coming to San Francisco, I looked at some of your past post and it might the place for you. Bocce is big here sfgate.com/outdoors/article/Bay-Area-bocce-b… . Cioppino is from here, and we are very big on yoga too.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,433 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

Bocce came over to the USA with immigrants from Italy so cities/towns with populations of Italians would for sure have it and other places not so much.

Cambria, California
Destination Expert
for San Simeon, Cambria
Level Contributor
521 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

On Main Street in West Village of Cambria is the Joslyn Recreation Center, where they have a lawn bowling court. The link shows the schedule. It's on the West side of Main Street and easy to spot. You'd have to call them to see if the public is welcome, but I think they do welcome visitors.

http://www.joslynrec.org/schedule.pdf

BTW, Cambria's original settlers were Swiss/Italian, and many of their descendants still run farms and ranches in the area.

Edited: 30 January 2017, 16:32
9. Re: Bocce in Cambria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2018, 05:16