We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
119 reviews
85 helpful votes
Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

Could anyone pleae tell me how we go about catching the free shuttle to the Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North form the San Francisco international airport. I cat find any info on it other than they have a free airport shuttle, go we need to book inadvance. I have tried emailing them but the email goes to their head office and no one has got back to me after several weeks.

Thanks anyone who can offer any advice.

Inn By The SFO
Inn By The SFO
#2 of 29 hotels in South San Francisco
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
#3 of 29 hotels in South San Francisco
6 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
34,269 posts
4 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

I just called them. Yes, they have an airport shuttle. You can call them when you get in (there is a bank of hotel phones somewhere around, or use your cell) and then go to the center island outside the departure area where all the hotel shuttles pick up their guests.

Somebody is going to ask you if you have business or another reason to stay in that area. Are you visiting San Francisco?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
23 reviews
98 helpful votes
2. Re: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

How nice of you Puter! (If my count in correct that is three phone calls SF forum regulars have made for visitors in the last week.)

And, yes, Puter has a good question ... how did you decide on this location? We hope it is family, friends or business in the immediate area because this is NOT the place to stay in order to visit San Francisco.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
119 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

Thanks Puter, it was very nice of you to call on my behalf, that certainly goes beyond anything I would expect from tripadvsor members.

Why are we staying there well I had no idea where to stay and all the reviews seemed great. As we are only there 2 nights flying in and flying out I thought it made sense to be close to the airport.

Ramblin Sal why do you say it's not the place to stay, you have me worried

Thanks guys for all your comments

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
60,961 posts
137 reviews
119 helpful votes
4. Re: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

Puter Thank you for going above and beyond. I am sure Sal will be by to add her color. May I suggest if you want to see SF please stay in SF and not in Brisbane about 11 or 12 miles away. When we saw Sydney we stayed at the Rocks once and in a high rise overlooking the Harbor Bridge the second time.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,628 posts
23 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

As belo says, it's not a convenient location for seeing San Francisco. You will have to take the shuttle back to the airport, then BART ($8.25 per person each way and 35 minutes) into town.

If you wish to stay in the city -- which would be a much wiser decision IMO -- take a virtual walk over to the SF forum and review the Top Questions which have a lot of information about the popular areas to stay. You can search TA (or other hotel search engine) for neighborhood, price range and your dates.

If you have specific questions after that, please feel free to post on the SF forum where you'll get a lot of feedback in a 2-3 hour timeframe (as long as it's not our nighttime). The Brisbane forum doesn't get a lot of traffic.

Here's a link to the SF forum: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60713-i30-San_Francisco_California.html

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
119 reviews
85 helpful votes
6. Re: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Save

Thanks everyone for your input. Unfortunately I have already booked this hotel last week. We were thinking hiring a car for the 2days.

Reply to: Homewood Suites by Hilton SFO North
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brisbane
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.