We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere with wifi???

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Anywhere with wifi???

Hi: While we're staying at Parchers Resort, dh will have to pay some bills. Are there any cafes or restaurants, or other places in Bishop where there's reliable wifi? It will also be over labor day weekend..

Thanks,

K

10 replies to this topic
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Try this,

https://www.yelp.com/biz/starbucks-bishop

DH may have to buy a latte or two. :~)

Puget Sound...
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Public library?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Thanks. K

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,336 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

I love the area around Parchers! Never stayed there but visited there when we used to camp at Four Jeffreys. Definitely go down to Bishop and the cafes etc. Hike around Lake Sabrina and North Lake. May be too early for fall colors. And it's Sa-BRINE-a, not Sa-BREEN-a. I was corrected ages ago.

Edited: 29 August 2016, 00:05
San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,577 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Yes, the library has it, but there may be many people using it. The McDonald's on the main highway has it, and it has always worked for me. The Looney Bean coffee house has it and it's reliable, but you need to buy a cup of coffee or something to get the password. I always buy something to drink there.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Great info, I've written everything down. We're staying at Parchers to acclimatize for Whitney. Lake Sabrina seems to only be 17 minutes from Parchers, so I'm guessing we can meander by and check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,246 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Looney Bean. Best coffee and lattes in California, too.

There's also one in Mammoth

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,294 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Am I the only person that thinks it is a bad idea to pay bills/do money management on non secure public wifi???

Maybe I am just old fashioned and paranoid but I'd make other arrangements to pay bills.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,336 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

Good point Riff. I didn't see that. You are correct that those wifi are not secure.

Kay - you are not paying for data coverage on your phone? Better to do that way. Public wifi networks are not secure unless you have a VPN. Crooks can steal your data over an unsecured network.

Edited: 29 August 2016, 02:36
San Diego...
Level Contributor
10,577 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anywhere with wifi???

For most of my bills, the credit card information is saved in the account, so all I do is tell them to use that card. I don't enter the card info each time. Maybe you can set this up before your trip.

Yes, Lake Sabrina is well worth going up to, since you will be so close to it anyway. And North Lake as well. These places are especially beautiful in October, with the aspen and cottonwood trees in fall color. I would spend an afternoon seeing those.

In recent years the water level in Lake Sabrina has been very low, with some boats on the ground. I haven't been there yet this year, but I did read that the water level has risen this year. Still worth going to in any case since it is just a short drive away. By the way, "Sabrina" in this case is pronounced with the long I, as if rhyming with "Dinah."

Edited: 03 September 2016, 18:57
Reply to: Anywhere with wifi???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bishop